Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGP Prob's

Options
  • 09-08-2004 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

rite dont know why but after lookin through sis sandra i realised my AGP didnt have fast write enabled and the AGP aint at 8X. when i go into smartgart in display settings and try to turn it up after it restarts it goes back to off, i've tried 4X and 8X with no joy. i have the omega drivers installed but cant seem to figure it out any ideas????

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Have you your Motherboard drivers installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

sh*te feel like such a pleb!
    see when i got the new radeon i deleted all that was nVidia not thinkin of the nforce cause i had an Fx 5200 cant belive i didnt think of that.

nice one feylya

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I never installed mine so that's how I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Turning on AGP fast writes is not necessarily a good thing - it generally offers feck-all performance increase, but less reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

well now that u say it that still doesnt work anyway after installing the gart drivers but the 8X agp works now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Stephen wrote:
    Turning on AGP fast writes is not necessarily a good thing - it generally offers feck-all performance increase, but less reliability.
    It also limits your OC and makes the 9600 series of cards as crashy as hell - overall not a useful feature :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

fast write gives no performance increase and increased unreliability. Its generally a good thing that you can't enable it.

Advertisement