Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standards for being president?

Options
  • 09-08-2004 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering, someone mentioned on the bushism topic that wilson was a professor at harvard. and that got me thinking. What are the requirements to be eligable for a presidental election in the USA?

And should there be some extra added requirements added on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

I think that you have to be over 35 (?) and a natural born citizen probably a few more aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Just wondering, someone mentioned on the bushism topic that wilson was a professor at harvard. and that got me thinking. What are the requirements to be eligable for a presidental election in the USA? [/b]
    Probably detailed in the US constitution. Check under presidency. Also there was an amendment to limit terms to two.
    And should there be some extra added requirements added on?
    Must not have the surname of Bush. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

According to the U.S. Constitution, to become president an individual must be at least 35 years old, a natural-born citizen (born here), and a U.S. resident for 14 years prior to election.

Of course they have to have a lot of finance behind them to. Being able to spell might rule GWB out.

Advertisement