Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Request) Cheapest iPod Mini

• 09-08-2004 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Id be grateful if anyone had any info as to where i can obtain the cheapest available iPod mini..thanks in advance... :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Anybody? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

the cheapest appears to be 249$ or 269Euro on the american and irish apple sites. they are selling for more than that on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,987 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I don't think you'll find any iPod mini's at any cheaper than greglo23's link as normally, Apple states a price and that price will be pretty much bound to wherever you buy it from.

I got my iPod in a 3G promotion at the end of last year - signed up for Eircom BB with free modem, free connection, free first month's rental and got the 10GB iPod for €150.

Only iPod promotion i've seen recently is here (not iPod Mini though):

http://promo.euro.apple.com/promo/mastercard/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

€99 for the iPod mini when you get eircom broadband, saw this in the 3G store yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ohandels

I ordered a mini ipod last week for €269 off the apple website, only problem is it takes 4 weeks to be posted, i'll let you's know how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

I ordered an ipod mini from the apple store at the start of July before they went on sale. They weren't released in stores until the 24th but I got mines on the 23rd. It ships from The Netherlands I think and mines started shipping on the 15th of july so it took 8 days by TNT. I got an email the other day with a voucher code for €25 off my next order but it's useless to me cause I wont be buying anything by the end of september so anyone want to buy it?

yeah the coupon is pretty useless, you have to spend a certain amount ( a few hundred) i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

It's valid for orders of €249 or more so you can use it against ipod mini bringing the ipod mini down to €244.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭mouse_busy

is there anyone knows shops selling them for 269?or lower?all shops selling them for 300 euro,which o2 store sell mini ipod?how much?

I asked o2 in henry st the new big one beside roches and they said they wont have them till end of august/september, they'll probably be charging €300 aswell, tower records sell the normal ipod dunno about the mini.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

they are selling them in Spectra's new shop at the bottom of Grafton St for 299 and very nice they are too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,987 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, saw them in my local Spectra the other day for the same price.

In my opinion, you're crazy buying one! Not worth the money at all.

Only 4GB in them! Why bother considering you can get a 20GB iPod (5 times the memory of the iPod Mini!) for €339 on the Apple site?

Most people only like them cos they're somewhat smaller and you can get them in various colours.

I'm quite happy with my 10GB iPod with a glow in the dark Blue skin on it.

Anyone thinking of buying the iPod Mini should really consider just paying the extra €70 and get 5 times the memory and if you're not happy with the colour, buy an iPod skin for it!

ohandels wrote:
    I asked o2 in henry st the new big one beside roches and they said they wont have them till end of august/september, they'll probably be charging €300 aswell, tower records sell the normal ipod dunno about the mini.

o2 in Henry Street have them today for 269!

Anyone thinking of buying the iPod Mini should really consider just paying the extra €70 and get 5 times the memory and if you're not happy with the colour, buy an iPod skin for it![/QUOTE]

If you have a big collection its hard to disagree with this sentiment and I shared it myself until I actually handled the 4g one. The light weight of it makes it surprisingly attractive (I have a 40g one which is great but really needs a jacket to carry it in) The 4g is ideal for a shirt pocket and a long walk on a nice summer's evening.

I am looking forward to the 60g one too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

dub45 wrote:
    Anyone thinking of buying the iPod Mini should really consider just paying the extra €70 and get 5 times the memory and if you're not happy with the colour, buy an iPod skin for it!

If you have a big collection its hard to disagree with this sentiment and I shared it myself until I actually handled the 4g one. The light weight of it makes it surprisingly attractive (I have a 40g one which is great but really needs a jacket to carry it in) The 4g is ideal for a shirt pocket and a long walk on a nice summer's evening.

I am looking forward to the 60g one too![/QUOTE]

what happens when your collection won't fit on a 30/40/60 gig one? it just becomes effort to move stuff around and the weight/battery life then becomes a big issue...personally i'd be think'n 4gigs is more than enough to carry around with ye.....like with firewire400/800 and usb2.0 aswell there is nothing stopping u from changing everything on your ipod when u go home at night..........

Advertisement