Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips and Web sites for newB's?

Options
  • 22-04-2001 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

ello,

any1 with some good tips for getting up to speed with the expierenced players, and also some good T2 web-sites would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

i wouldnt bother reading startegy guides, the best way to learn and get up to speed with better players is to spend a round in observer watching what they do.

but a couple of pointers

1. All shots except the laser rifle require lead-time, this means you need to learn to judge where your opponent will be when your shot hits, with the explosive weapons its a lot better to aim at the ground near them (its a lot harder to miss the ground)

2. Learn to pilot, it doesnt take that long but when you get the gang of it you will see that there are a lot more options open to pilots than simply interception.

but as for a good website
    http://www.tribalwar.com/crunchy

download his FPShud, TABhud and FLAGRESPONSE scripts

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

PLAY THE COMPLETE TUTORIAL AND DON'T VOTE TO CHANGE THE MAP JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE IT

*ahem*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Haha.The map voters were tormenting poor hobbes tonight smile.gif

My advice CH(and I'm a newbie too) is to make some time to go to barrysworld death match server to pick up some basic combat skills.Go there and practice,you won't be bl33ted at because your not playing defense or you didnt set up any motion sensors or you didnt repair the generator,and you'll get a good feel for the game's basic combat side.

[This message has been edited by bugler (edited 22-04-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Well it's not that. Just the muppets don't know the levels so they say the level sucks and all vote to change it, then pick one they say sucks again.

Btw, here is one hint for everyone. If you point your gun at something and there is a green health bar or green triangle... DON'T SHOOT IT.

I'd explain red triangles and no triangles but this concept seems hard for some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Question, Was playing with you guys last night on that level with the flag in the middle of a lake. How the fuk do you set up any proper defence on that. Mining and Turret on the flag are not enough to stop some one with energy pack dropping in and getting it. You guys had the same problem, your flag was not defended. Is there any special way we can set up defence for that level or do we just leave 4 energy pack defenders in base to chase the flag carrier out. Its frustrating level.

I'll be on later at 7.30 or so if some is there maybe they can show me how this can be done or if it can.

Also do LandSpike turrets work under water?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

end of the day track www.euro-tribesplayers.com and www.tribalwar.com and anything intresting will be posted there...

Any site of intrest will also be there..

Advertisement