Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing AVG Anti-Virus problems

Options
  • 10-08-2004 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

One of my computers has become home to **** loads of trojans and I went to install AVG on it but it gives me a dll could not be registered problem. AVG runs in the background telling me when viruses are trying to be accessed but I've no way of finishing the install to get rid of viruses!!

the dll's not registering is due to one of the viruses because I haven't been able to install anything new on this computer that wanted to register dll's!!

can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

what os?
    try using msconfig from the command prompt. then select diagnostic startup and reboot.
    might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

You could try running spybot search and destroy first .It should clear out the trojans. Not sure if it will install though with the problem you are having. Spybot can be found here

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

Post applications/OS problems on a more suitable board.

Thread moved.

Advertisement