Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gprs settings for n-gage QD

• 10-08-2004 2:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this question has been asked before and if it has please direct me to the thread with the answer but i bought the ngage qd recently and cant connect to the wap service

Im on vodafone ready to go and copied my friends gprs settings from his origional and even from the nokia site that was posted in another thread.

the problem is that it does connect to the net but then i get the message

"Net: connection time out"

Has anyone else experianced this and remedyed it.

much thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

jonnybadd wrote:
    please direct me to the thread with the answer

hi, have you read this one, would be a good place to start:
    About to ask how to get connected for Web/WAP/Email/MMS/Bluetooth etc.

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

I read that and have contacted vodafone cust services but they said it should be woring and as i have also said i copied the settings from a friends n-gage and from the nokia site that was posted on another thread but it connects then the message Web: connection time out, i was just wondering if this has happenend to anyone else and how they fixed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am guessing the QD is a WAP 2.0 device.. If so, the settings should be in a sticky and make sure you have the correct access points enabled with Vodafone.

I am guessing the QD is a WAP 2.0 device..

Wap 1.2.1?

BrianG

jonnybadd wrote:
    i copied the settings from a friends n-gage and from the nokia site that was posted on another thread but it connects then the message Web: connection time out

can you list out Access Point settings you have entered

also, have you tried setting the Home Page to something other than Live! (in case there are problems redirecting the QD to the appropriate version of the Live! portal) e.g. http://wap.e-merge.ie

BrianG

• Advertisement

The settings for wap 2.0 worked on connecting to the gprs but icant access the n-gage arena but no matter im sure ill sort it out soon

Thanks for all the help and sorry for the annoying n00b questions

jonnybadd wrote:
    The settings for wap 2.0 worked

just to ask, where did you find the Proxy Server Address and Proxy Port fields (used in WAP 2.0) on the QD, just took a look at the manual and it only has fields for the Gateway IP Address (WAP 1.x)

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

Same thing happened to me,trird eveything.I ended up bringing the phone back to the O2 shop,complaining alot and I ended up getting a free sim card with settings.It worked fine after that and I got to keep my number

where you enter the ip gateway address on that screen if you click the options button you then can get to advanced options and the proxy stuff is there

that's wierd - only see Device IP address and the primary and second DNS server fields listed, what's listed for you on the Options screen?

BrianG

• Advertisement

under the device ip adress and the primary name server there are 3 more options: second name server, proxy serv. address, and proxy port number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭dermoto

i managed to setup a mates QD (btw, what does QD stand for/??!) when semi-drunk on sun nite, using the settings from a Sharp GX10 phone, for MMS and they work, never got around to doing WAP for him, but the mms def worked cos i sent one from his phone to mine.

It was just standard wap 1.2, althou it did have "advanced settings" with the same options as my 6600, which lead me to think maybe it works on both 1.2 and 2.0.
    That would make sense, considering the trouble with the 6600 (arragh, all those months waiting for settings!)

Advertisement