Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Razor Blade scam?

• 20-06-2001 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

This morning while I was having a Shower and shave, as one does in the morning, I went to place my nice new razor blade on my razor blade handle BUT...the blade didn't fit on the handle....WRONG CONNECTION!! This has happened before, the last time it happened I accepted it and brought another razor handle to fit the Blades, so now I have two razor handles therefore if I accidently buy the wrong blades I have a backup Handle, right?
    Well if life was only that simple. The thing is it's impossible to know what Blades you're buying cause one can't see the connection at the back to see if your razor handle will fit it, because of the packaging! I think there's a pretty blatent rip-off consumer thing happening under our noses? It costs £10 for a razor blade handle and about £5 for a pack of 5 blades. It's not really the money that I'm angry about, it's the inconvience of it all. If I go and try to exchange the blades sometime, I know the shop assistent will say "sorry sir, but you opened the packet, and therefore we can't exchange it, have a nice day". Is this marketing deceit on behalf of the razor manufacturer? Anyone had a similar experience?

FU.CK GILLETTE!

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

buy a shaver.

or remember what the handle was called "eg. Mach3 or Sensor"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 geekboie

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:
    buy a shaver.

or remember what the handle was called "eg. Mach3 or Sensor"
    </font>

I shouldn't have to do that. If I had to do that with every product on the market then I'd have to carry around my laptop and query a Database!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I see why you picked that nickname.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Jesus it's not that complicated just buy a damn razor and remember what type it is!

Sometimes it makes me wonder how some people get through everyday life!

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Puck:
    Jesus it's not that complicated just buy a damn razor and remember what type it is!

Sometimes it makes me wonder how some people get through everyday life!

</font>

lol
    very true. very very true.
    if its not overclockable, some people around here cant seem to get a grip on it.
    i mean seriously, complaining about getting the wrong razor blades...
    mate, get a life, or a pack of bic disposables...

• Advertisement
Advertisement