Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50% extra credit for O2 speakeasy Monday 16 August

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

damn, beat me to it. ;)

you have to top-up online though, by registering your credit/laser card with them.

yet another way for big brother to keep tabs. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭M@lice

So i take it no credit/laser card then no dice. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Yep, you gotta have a credit card unfortunately. Also, I've just found out that it has to be an AIB credit card :mad:

DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

dcGT,
    Where does it say it has to be an AIB credit card? You can use a laser card aswell I'm sure. I'm not with AIB and I've always been able to avail of offers like this one. (I think last time it was 25% extra free) :)

ambrose :cool:

dcGT,
    Where does it say it has to be an AIB credit card? You can use a laser card aswell I'm sure. I'm not with AIB and I've always been able to avail of offers like this one. (I think last time it was 25% extra free) :)

Hmm a friend of mine tried it with an EBS credit card and said they couldn't do it???? Maybe they did something wrong????? So you can use any credit card?

Cheers,

DC.

• Advertisement

Hmm, well I suppose best thing to do would be to ring O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Iri$hKeLt

This 50% free credit is only availible on Monday August 16th?

I think I will pay for 100euro get 200euro!

Thanks for the post up, Monday cant come soon enough :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

any laser card will do afaik - my permanent tsb one worked anyway...

i hope you get sorted irishkelt but i've a feeling that they will be limiting the amount of credit to 30 euro i.e. 15 free.
    if you topup using your laser on your mobile, 30 is always the max u can get ...

no free credit for me - i've just switched to vodafone - d'oh! :)

Well i think 190euro is max u can top up with ur mastercard :confused:

I could be wrong tho but i think i seen it on the website somewhere...

Iri$hKeLt wrote:
    This 50% free credit is only availible on Monday August 16th?

I think I will pay for 100euro get 200euro!

Yeah you have to top up on August 16th to get the extra 50%. If you top up by €100 you'll get €150 won't you, not €200?

DC.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

o2.ie have a sim-card for 9.99 including €10 call credit plus €20 when you register online.
    Also available in Zhivagos,Galway.

dcGT wrote:
    Yeah you have to top up on August 16th to get the extra 50%. If you top up by €100 you'll get €150 won't you, not €200?

DC.

True :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭byrnenj

If you top up your mobile on the o2 site today (monday 16th August) you get 50% extra free!

Not bad at all.....though I have a bill phone so it's useless to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Today from O2 website...

"...Please note: The O2.ie site is undergoing essential maintenance...."

How convenient :(

ambrose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

yeah, I tried at 9:30 and kept getting "topup not applied, a technical error has occurred", I rang them up and was told I'd be rang back. Now as Kingambrose points out they've had to pull the whole site.

I reckon someone in o2 s/w engineering is going to get a right bollocking for this fcuk up.

Still, on the site it says...
    "Customers who have availed of our 50% Free Topup promotion, will have their extra credit applied within 24 hours"

DC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The o2 site has been a joke for the last 2 weeks, and now they are struggling with the extra load. Just spoke to them a few minutes ago, and they are saying that it should be up and running at 12.10. If they don't fix it soon they should extend the offer!

Don't know if anyone has been able to Top Up yet. I haven't. Keep getting "...Technical error..."

I just checked my credit by *100# and it says you can get 50% Free on Mon 16th /Tue 17th. Maybe they have extended the offer?

Yes they've extended the offer untill midnight tomorrow night ,I've just been told.
    Their system has crashed but might be back in an hour or two, they tell me.
    I'm waiting for a call back.

• Advertisement

It's still not working. o_0

Well if O2 carry out these special offers 'for 1 day only' in order to stress/load test the system, they're certainly learning a lot! :D

DC.

Their system was completely unreliable before this "test". This proves how incomptent they are, and how poorly they prepared for today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

****ing load of bollocks.

Speak easy Customers
    Support Hours 8:00 am - 9:00 pm daily (automated system offers 24 hour service)
    Phone 1747 (14c per call)
    Phone from Landline 1850 601747 (landline operator charges apply)
    Fax 1850 608686

I'm just off the phone, after 17 ****ing minutes, and I didn't get through to any ****ing operator. I was trying to register my Laser card - tried it at about 3pm today, and it wouldn't let me through on 1850601747 (was written on the register page on o2.ie) which sent me onto the "Speakeasy" helpline after entering my number (why the **** would they put the Billpay number on the top-up register page).

Rang the "Speakeasy" helpline - 1850601741 - which asked me to enter my access code. Couldn't get it, tried all my codes. Load of bollocks. Came home from work, rang 1850601741 which wasn't available (eircom error msg).

Rang 1850 601747 again, got in perfect with my number and date of birth, weaved my way through the "Press 1 for..." and waited..., for 17 minutes. I waited that long just to prove that there weren't any operators on.
    Bastards.

I remember my friend ringing o2 a while back, and saying "yea, ill ring you back with whatever details after 6 or so" and the operator said "nah, dont bother".

Anyone been onto an operator since 6pm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

the sites working now but i get a technical error message when i click the top up button and fill in my details. :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sites been f*cked all day tbh :(
    Still getting the technical error message

btw when it comes to reging your CC or lasercard, it takes 24hrs for the whole thing to be on there system before you can make use of it....

[EDIT]
    Finally got my credit!
    €30 + €15 FREE :D

[DOUBLE EDIT]

Just saw this - http://web.o2.ie/personal/my_o2/credit_me.jsp
    Looks handy tbh
    not a bad idea really :)

Aye seems to be working now. €45 for €30. Not too shabby.

Wonder can I do this again tomorrow? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

i got 50 squids worth today.....yay! finally...

• Advertisement

Paid for 80euro got 120euro not bad :D

Advertisement