Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50% extra credit for O2 speakeasy Monday 16 August

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭Ardent

How are you guys getting through? Getting "Technical Error"...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just keep retrying
    It took 5 tries for me to get it
    But worked in the end :-)

Also just so you know its not a browser issue, same issue in IE and Mozilla :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Have tried at least 20 times in the last 40 minutes - technical error :mad:

Had no problems yesterday topping up the missus' card though.

Ah well, will try again...............21, 22, 23 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Hi guys. Make sure to check your bal before top up. I managed eventually to top up 3 phones. ( max 2 on cr. card and 3rd on laser). Problem is that O2 's records are all over the place ion 2 of the 3 top ups.Rang cr card company to see what was actually debited and it bears very little resemblance to o2's on line a/c info. According to Customer care I will have to wait till I get bank statement and sent them a copy to Limerick before they can adjust records and credit. Still worth it but keep before and after records.
    regards
    t

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I managed another €10 topic today €15 with the 50% free
    so thats €60 in total €20 of which is free :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

conZ wrote:
    ****ing load of bollocks.

I'm just off the phone, after 17 ****ing minutes, and I didn't get through to any ****ing operator.

Everyone I know who TRIED to register their CC or Laser card yesterday had exactly the same problem as you Conz.

O2 were totally unprepared, both technically and logistically, toi deal with the special offer. Their customer service is limited at the best of times in my opinion.

They should extend this special offer until the end of the month for all the people who missed out on it due to their own incompetence and lack of foresight .

Having said that the o2 website is a lot better than it used to be a year ago .

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Go to the Advertising Standards website www.asai.ie and make a complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I eventually managed to top up. :)

But I have to say the O2 website is terrible. Not as bad as it was but I'd say I can't log in 25% of the time (and probably more). Like this morning... again.

ambrose :cool:

The problem was the useless customer service at the end of the phone line , nobody I know tried the website as they were unable to register the credit card . It coulda been perfect but they will never know.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Poplar

Hi

Has anyone been having serious issues with this apparent 50% free credit offer for speakeasy o2 customers?

You had to register your credit/laser card to avail of it, it opened on the 16th put was accessible that day because of (and i did get a variety of excuses when i called there Customer Care (possibly should be called the Customer "I don't care website")) the volume of traffic on the site. The site was then taken down and when it came back up the offer was extended until Tues midnight.

However all attempts to avail of this online top-up were futile as i repeatedly got an error message saying to try again.

After numerous, frustrating phone calls to o2 i finally lost my temper as while sitting on hold waiting for assistance i looked at my o2 account only to find that all those apparently "failed" attempts had in fact gone through as transactions (€790.00 in total). My credit card company have not yet processed these transactions and cannot prevent them from going through as transaction cancellation must come from the merchant (o2).

o2 are looking into this now ....

Could a company f**k up more?
    Could their web designers and customer care team be anymore incompetent?

Very annoyed - please tell me that i'm not alone with this issue!!! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Poplar wrote:
    After numerous, frustrating phone calls to o2 i finally lost my temper as while sitting on hold waiting for assistance i looked at my o2 account only to find that all those apparently "failed" attempts had in fact gone through as transactions (€790.00 in total).

Christ! That's the worst complaint yet! I hope you get it sorted.

DC.

I think the bosses email address is

danuta.gray@o2.com and not .ie

Do tell her about her fabulous customer service team

M

Advertisement