Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to buy vintage vespas?

Options
  • 10-08-2004 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of any motorcycle shops in Dublin/Louth that sell VINTAGE vespas? I want to get one soon, and would rather buy from somewhere that gives me a warranty and preferably access to cover from AON! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

dont know about louth but in dublin try Scooter Island on the quays

i bought my PX200 there..its a 1996 but they have bikes goinng back donkeys years...stock is always changing..ive seen a few old lammy's in there as well

the guys in there are dead sound as well..they wont try and screw you over and are alweys helpful when it comes to parts

or you could put up a post in the isish scooter club message board

http://www.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?user=sobu74

hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

giftgrub wrote:
    dont know about louth but in dublin try Scooter Island on the quays
    [/url]

Are they the guys who used to have a shop next to the old Virgin Megastore on Aston QUay? They're over near the Jervis Centre now, right? If it's the same place...I don't think i've ever seen vintage bikes in there. Could be mixing it up with another shop though. Cheers for the link!

Sorry, I am thinking of another shop. I found their site, http://www.scooterisland.com/

eth0_ wrote:
    Are they the guys who used to have a shop next to the old Virgin Megastore on Aston QUay? They're over near the Jervis Centre now, right? If it's the same place...I don't think i've ever seen vintage bikes in there. Could be mixing it up with another shop though. Cheers for the link!

no, thats the Scooter Store...the kind of official dealership...they sell all new bikes

Scooter Island used to have a website...cant seem to find it through google though best bet is to give them a ring on 01 671 0808

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

eth0_ wrote:
    Anyone know of any motorcycle shops in Dublin/Louth that sell VINTAGE vespas? I want to get one soon, and would rather buy from somewhere that gives me a warranty and preferably access to cover from AON! :)

well, i don't about the warranty on vintage vespa. Shops hardly give any warranty on any new two strokes engines so can't see somebody doing this for vespa.

how vintage you are going to go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

A friend of mine got a px200 recently - he was passing scooter island and saw them new for a few hundred less than the scooter store. Anyhoo when he went im to have a look he noticed that they all had 2 miles on the clock and that the paint was scratched in the same place (can't remember where) on some of them - when he asked the guy it turned out they were Vespa copies that were shipped from India - the only diff he could see was the name!!

well, i don't about the warranty on vintage vespa. Shops hardly give any warranty on any new two strokes engines so can't see somebody doing this for vespa.

i got a three month warranty when i bought mine...theyre pretty bullet proof.. ive had no problems since getting it and thats being used every day

80's I think. Depends on price really...I don't have a massive budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

giftgrub wrote:
    theyre pretty bullet proof
    lol
    except for the occasional seizing up / falling apart of the engines!

dont get me wrong, vespas are lots of fun & great for getting around the city but don't plan to tour the country on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

If it's a vintage you are looking for try Modern and Classic Scooters, 10c Arbour Hill, I'm getting a 86 PK50 there.

• Advertisement

If it's a vintage you are looking for try Modern and Classic Scooters, 10c Arbour Hill, I'm getting a 86 PK50 there.

i recently brought my own bike there for repairs...making a change from my regular place

i found them to be really sound down to earth guys that wont try to rip you off...theyve only been there a few month but i laready believe theyve taken a lot of business from one of the other vespa shops in the area

i have a number PM me if you need it

Advertisement