Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should i do?

Options
  • 10-08-2004 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

First of, my apoligies if this is in the wrong forum but it was as close to the topic that i could think of, mods please feel free to move it if deemed necessary.

Ok! heres the problem, about 3 weeks ago i was doing a bit of travelling around europe, and was in amsterdam. There i found a shop called the old man, its near dam square. great shop. now upstaris in this shop they sell weapons(ornimantal and functional) i decided to buy a double headed axe and desk stand for it, i figured trying to bring it on the plane would be a bad idea, so i asked if they would ship it, was told no problem, so i paid the delivery charge, and they said it would be courried out, and take about a week.

well 3 weeks later it hasnt arrrived. problem is i paid cash for it, and i dont have a reciept-i know i should have gotten one and kept it safe.

what should i do, im thinking of writing a letter but what to say. ive no proof of purchase, i dont know the exact name of what i bought, only where it was in the shop and roughly what it looked like and the approx cost. the gentleman in the store i delt with said he would post out the tracking number for the parcel incase anything happened as the package is insured by the currior, but i havent gotten this either. im starting to think ive been scammed. i hope not though.

thanks
    tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

TBH with no receipt, no tracking number, no nothing I think you're reasonably screwed :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

thats my feeling on the matter, but i must try, anyone ever experance anything like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

How *CAN* you try, you have no proof you bought the item. Contact the guy, if he's not forthcoming with info, chalk it up for experience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

ring and see what they say, its very easy to avoid a letter. Ring and Say "hey you remember that axe thingy were to ship to ireland, whats the story with it", not great but its a start, letters are non starter

could be on to something there, nuttzz, except i dont have their phone number, only address

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Have you tried looking it up on the Internet? ;)

The Old Man
    Address: Damstraat 16
    Phone: 627-0043

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

In case you're having probs finding out the area code for Amsterdam, and the country code for Holland, it's

0031 - 20 and then the number ( 627-0043 )

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

I guess the lesson to be learned is shopping when stoned can be pleasurable but costly experience

hate to dissapoint you all, but even though i was in amsterdam, i did not get stoned or do drugs or see any live sex or anything like that. sorry!

thanks for the number. i googled for it, but only came up with the address and like only two results. ill give them a ring tomorrow morning, (road trip now) and let ye know how i get on.

Advertisement