Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera Onboard The Shuttle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

*adds to bookmarks*

brilliant. didnt know it actually goes up that quickly. amazing sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I thought the way you could see the curvature of the Earth as it got higher was fairly amazing. And yes, it does go up fairly fast doesn't it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Pretty cool little movie. I wonder was the camera there for monitoring part of the shuttle or was it there purely for amuzement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Lucky enough to have been at Kennedy Space Centre last July to see the launch of one of the Mars rovers (Opportunity). See it here. It was 11.30 at night and there were hundreds there. It was a place called Jetty Park in Cape Canaveral. People sitting in deck chairs drinking beer. Helicopters flying around and coast guard boats zooming around. Then boom. The place just lights up like day. And then it's all over. Great stuff.

Lucky enough to have been at Kennedy Space Centre last July to see the launch of one of the Mars rovers (Opportunity). See it here. It was 11.30 at night and there were hundreds there. It was a place called Jetty Park in Cape Canaveral. People sitting in deck chairs drinking beer. Helicopters flying around and coast guard boats zooming around. Then boom. The place just lights up like day. And then it's all over. Great stuff.
    Broken link?

• Advertisement

gobby wrote:
    Broken link?

It worked for me about 10mins ago!!

Cool clip too.

BaZmO* wrote:
    It worked for me about 10mins ago!!

Cool clip too.
    Damn it. Still not working for me. Can you check if it is still working for you BaZmO*

gobby wrote:
    Damn it. Still not working for me. Can you check if it is still working for you BaZmO*

Just checked and it's still working.

It's a "Realplayer" streaming clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

BaZmO* wrote:

This links seems to be broken too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

The little piece from the ISS during the opening ceremony of the Olympics was good the other night, showing 2 members of the crew wishing everyone well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Link works for me you dont have to stream it just right click "save target as..
    "

Mike.

Advertisement