Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a server

Options
  • 10-08-2004 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

I want to set up a server for bfv I need it to be able to handle about 25 people max. what would be the min requirements I would need Regards connection speeds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What's bfv?

What kind of server? Will it be Internet or LAN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I would assume he means Battlefield: Vietnam.

The information you're looking for is specific to the Batlefield Vietnam game server. You might get better answers by asking in the Battlefield forum (Games > Battlefield) as quite a few of the posters there will have experience of running these servers).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I would assume he means Battlefield: Vietnam.
    I assumed it was a game of some sort alright. You get left out of the loop when you don't really play games :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i would say about a 2Mbit symmetrical connection

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭f1refox

I will try bfv form thanks bye the way it is for internet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

EA Games site says that you should be able to host a 32 player game on a T1 line (which is 1.544Mbps if I remember correctly).

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/vietnam/us/editorial.jsp?src=community_update_06

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

yup and since t1 is an american standard you dont get it here
    so closest would be a 2 mbit leased line
    i hope your rich f1refox :P

Advertisement