Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Performancealloys.com?

Options
  • 10-08-2004 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

What's up with performance-alloys . I sent them an enquiry form over a week and a half ago and then sent an email last friday. No reply at all, nothing. Their site looks very professional, but their service definitely sucks. I need to get some alloys, anyone know a good online shop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

www.tyresave.co.uk

They're in England but the delivery rates are keen enough.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Freeman - If you were really in a rush, you'd have rang tem :rolleyes:

I bought my wheel & tyre package from www.rochfordtyres.co.uk ... Really good prices on chromes *bling bling*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Call Brent Harvey from East Coast alloys www.alloy-wheels.ie

Top service and prices and based on the East Coast begorrah.

'ceptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I HATE sites which won't list a price for thier products.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Freeman

Got a reply from PA today saying they couldn't find my 1st email, must be having problems with their enquiry forms. Anyway, I will probably go with them regardless, I can't find anyone else with the wheel I'm after.

So just a misunderstanding, apologies PA. Thanks Mike65 and thumbs up on the sticky, it's badly needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ferdi2000

Try: www.rtecshop.com They are pretty cheap for alloy wheel and tyre packages. and they even say if you see the same product cheaper elsewhere they will beat that cost! - Result ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Top service and prices and based on the East Coast begorrah.

'ceptr

Almost had dealings with these a couple of years ago. Drove up on a saturday after several phone calls to them to confirm they had the desired alloys in stock. Arrived, and guess what: "No.. sorry, we don't have those..."

Ended up driving on to Newry and buying alloys and tyres there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

mike65 wrote:
    I HATE sites which won't list a price for thier products.

Mike.

Most alloy wheels retailers in this country dont carry stock. You will find if you deal with any suppliers in Ireland their prices are subject to change at short notice. You could quote a price on a site and the price will have increased or decreased in a matter of days. Unless you get daily updates of pricing from suppliers which they dont want to do (nor do webmasters want to do updates daily in most cases) your prices could be narrowing your margin or overcharging a customer.

A guideline price could be quoted i surpose.

As consumers would you like to see out of date pricing, a guide price or a POA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ferdi2000

Its mainly the cost of tyres mate... Tyre prices are always up and down... so it is very hard for retailers to keep tabs on costs.....

Here at R-Tec Auto Design were always having a battle having to alter wheel and tyre package prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Blatent free advertising [ahem] :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement