Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Article]Pixies plan sixth album

• 10-08-2004 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Pixies plan sixth album
    10/08/2004 - 15:22:40

Legendary rockers the Pixies are planning to record their sixth album, following the phenomenal success of this year's reunion tour.

The band's agent has revealed the Pixies will tape the follow-up to 1991's Trompe le Monde early next year.

And frontman Frank Black is desperate to recruit veteran singer Tom Waits to produce the new record.

Black says: "I like the way his records sound."

Since playing at California's Coachella festival in May the Pixies have been touring the world with a greatest hits set.

The band released its first new material since 1991, the song Bam Thwok, exclusively on iTunes in June.

It has since topped the download charts.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

The Pixies and Tom Waits? DROOOOOOL!

also the chance of another tour... on their own! yay!

where did you get this from?

flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

This I want to hear! I wonder will it live up to the likes of the old stuff though.....

Advertisement