Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCAD training (.NET)

Options
  • 10-08-2004 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

Quick Question:
    I plan on starting to study for the MCAD (.NET) qualifications. Is there any point in holding off until version 2.0 of .NET is released? I ask this because there are some big changes coming up in VB.NET and SQLServer2005 and I do not want to study for a qualification using "older" technology. ( ... can't believe I just referred to .net as older technology!)

Anyways, any opinions and/or advice would be really appreciated.

McGinty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Can't comment on the MS stuff, but in general most places have a transition exam.

If your looking for exam simulator -> http://www.whizlabs.com/mcsd/mcsd-net.html

If you fail the exam they refund your money when you buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

How to plan to study .NET? Do a course, read a book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

I'm going to buy a few books. I'll use a combination of these books, some sample modules from Microsoft's web site and a few visits to one of the many brain dump websites.

I'm going to do the database exam first because I already have a lot of experience with SQL2K plus I have the book "Inside SQLServer2000".

One or two of the places that I checked out for doind the exams seem to be charging €180 (approx). Anyone know of a cheaper place to do these exams in Dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

One or two of the places that I checked out for doind the exams seem to be charging €180 (approx). Anyone know of a cheaper place to do these exams in Dublin??

Is it a prometric exam? If it is, it should be a fixed price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

The Microsoft website has links to both Prometric and Pearson VUE. Does this mean that the exam price is a fixed rate?

Also:
    For the courseware, Microsoft allows you to download some sample modules (e.g. click here ). Are the rest of these modules available to buy or download anywhere? Surely Microsoft should make this courseware freely available as it is in their interest to get more people certified and using their development tools.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Pearson Vue exams are all fixed rate, it's actually Pearson themselves that you pay for it.

Advertisement