Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have just bought Tribes 2 and.....

Options
  • 24-04-2001 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

Need help, not only am i so **** i struggle to kill anything, (due to my ****ty 450mhz and 15fps) but i also dont have a clue what to do, anyone help me out with some online guides?

+ what account names do you all use who play tribes so I can add you to my list

*=CueBall=*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

1. Play the tutorial
    2. Read the manual
    3. Go to the Forums in the game and look for T2 FAQ forum and read it.

Lastly do a tribe search for ".ie" and then request an invite. Or send an email in game to Hobbes^^ and I'll add you.

Here was a reply to someone asking the same questions...
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    First we open our new budy, Mr. Tribes Two Box. In his mouth you'll see glittering treasure! Wait! What are you doing? No, no, no. Leave Mr. Seedee in his comfy case and take out your new best friend. He's Spanish and his name is Manuel. Manuel can tell you important secrets about the game like "how to fly" and "why the shield pack isn't a cheat" and all sorts of fun things!! Let's go talk to him right now!
    </font>

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 24-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭cueball

I havnt got a manual you muppet or i wouldnt of asked! YES one should of come with it, but it was my 18th yesterday and because of festivitys i dunno where it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

Do a search for Klamor. I'm on most evenings, hopefully, drink permitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

It was meant as a funny yet educational jest I'm sure not a poke at your manhood. And flaming the guy that tried to help you is gonna get you real far... oh it also happens he runs the irish tribe clan .ie.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

ahh, it's ok Logic... he's an old man now smile.gif they get grumpy.

Just play the tutorial should be enough to get the basics.

Btw, anyone who posts to boards.ie gets an automatic invite to ".ie" even if I don't like you. You would have to be a grade A a'hole not to get added.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 24-04-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

im planning to buy tribes2 with my next pay money checky thingy. can i be in .ie?

adnans

btw. i never played tribes before. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Good thing I got in before you got selective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭cueball

smile.gif i wasnt flaming, just playing a new game with no manual and getting -5 as a score everytime is a tad annoying, sorry btw

*=CueBall=*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Couple of quick points cueball...
    • The only thing that hit's instantly is the sniper rifle. Everything else has a "lead" to it e.g. always fire spinfusor's at the ground where they're *going* to land
    • learn about repairing stuff - you can build up point quickly and easily and your more experienced teammates will really appreciate it cause then they'll be able to defend/attack properly knowing that at least one person is minding the shop
    • Learn to drive and fly smile.gif See Hobblers post elsewhere. Leanr the vehicles!!!
    • DO NOT TEAM KILL!!! If you do by accident (we all do it at some stage), appologise and nobody will be too annoyed. If you're doing it all the time, move to a different area (try flag running or maybe diversionary sniping)
    • YOUR SCORE DOES NOT MATTER!!! Only the number of team captures. you could have -5 of a score, but if your team has more caps, you win
    • RED IS ENEMY - Green is Friend. If you're colour blind, this isn't the game for you!!! curlydav.gif
    • Have Fun! (most important rule)

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[url="http://http:clanhitk.warfactory.com"][honey i] violated [the kids][/url]

Advertisement