Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMC Cards for 6600

• 10-08-2004 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭

I'm interested in getting either a 256MB or 512MB MMC card for my new Nokia 6600.
    I see that PC Memory Upgrade have the 256 (€54) & 512 (€102) available and they are listed as compatable with Nokia Phones and Delivery is Free.

Komplett have some TwinMOS MMC cards, 256 (€40.99) and 512 (€85.99), the delivery from Komplett is €10 so they would actually be cheaper through Komplett, but they don't have any message on their site to say that their cards are compatable with Nokia phones.

Has anyone bought TwinMOS MMC cards for their Nokia phones?

Also I've read a few posts on other sites that say that the Nokia 6600 is pretty bad for playing MP3s, have any of ye had any positive/negative experience with listening to tunes from you mobiles, besides draining battery.
    Have any of ye modded yer Nokia Headsets to take normal audio-jacks for standard headphones...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

Try this site for memory www.shop4memory.com

This is a link to the Nokia 6600 memory cards they have
    http://memory.neon-drive.com/s4m.php?model_num=10&oemid=NOK&thisman=NOKIA

Free delivery in Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Shop 4 Memory and PC Memory Upgrade are both the same crowd as far as I can make out...
    Thanks for the response anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭dermoto

Ive ordered a 256MB card only last night from komplett.ie for my 6600, so i hope it works!
    Ive had a Crucial memory card in it for a few months with no problems (just make sure if ur formatting it in a card reader, its FAT 16 u use, not FAT 32, that gave me a fright when i first got it!)
    Ok, just took my TwinMOS 128mb card (usually use in digital camera) and put it into the 6600 for the first time, and no problems at all, so i assume the 256 will be fine too.
    If u want to wait till friday (when it should arrive, just got dispatch email now)i can tell u 100% wheather it works or not, but im sure there'll be no problems.

btw, if ur getting a 256 for your phone, u should really, REALLY invest in a card reader if ur currently using bluetooth. Its great for copying the 19mb family guy episodes to the phone :-)

Eitherway, enjoy having 1/4 GIG of memory in your phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I am currently using a 256Mb Twin Mos card in my 3650

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Dermoto, I think I'll wait a few days before I order the MMC card, look forward to your respose later in the week.

I have a Card Reader already and a bluetooth dongle and infra-red dongle so I'm kitted up on the department already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

6600 has mono sound, wont give u stereo, thats why they're not great for MP3s.

Advertisement