Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Broadband Usage Calculator

• 10-08-2004 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

logged into it today (on the 3 month free trial btw) and if my maths is any good, it tells me that at my current usage i will exceed my cap in xx amount of days, yet i know for a fact that as i signed up for the normal 8GB capped broadband package that i will exceed my cap in xx days instead, yet the usage calculator is reporting as if i am on a 16GB cap which is a little wierd...

so to cut things short, out of interest - is it an error on IOL's part to report this or are all free trial customers on a 16GB cap for the duration of the 3 month trial no matter whether they are on the normal or PLUS service?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Says that my cap will run out in 15days, which is wrong because I've downloaded 6gb's in the last 10days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

naitkris wrote:
    so to cut things short, out of interest - is it an error on IOL's part to report this or are all free trial customers on a 16GB cap for the duration of the 3 month trial no matter whether they are on the normal or PLUS service?
    You'd probably want to check that with IOL, because if you're on the Plus services now, that's what you'll be paying for when the free trial is over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

well, i can't be on the PLUS service because:
    a) when i signed up online, i clearly remember choosing the normal service (so if i am put on the PLUS service, that has to be IOL's fault).
    b) i never received the "FREE security Pack" that comes with the PLUS service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

naitkris wrote:
    well, i can't be on the PLUS service because:
    a) when i signed up online, i clearly remember choosing the normal service (so if i am put on the PLUS service, that has to be IOL's fault).
    b) i never received the "FREE security Pack" that comes with the PLUS service.
    Just save yourself some halssle in the long term, and call them about it now. The worst that can happen is that they change your cap for the next two months of the free trial. The best that can happen is that you don't get an unexpected bill when you do start paying for it.

Advertisement