Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Line Test Tool

• 10-08-2004 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Does anyone know if Eircom's online line test tool actually performs a line test when you put in your number or does it just look up a database of test results which were done at some point in the past?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It just looks up a database of yes/no results, which is refreshed about once a month, at different times for different exchanges. Wholly inadequate.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

BT's system in the UK is very much the same except its updated ever few days..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

What is it refreshed with? Do they run a test every month? I checked few nearby family numbers including my own. About a year ago they all failed. Now they pass except mine. Mine is the newest line, abut 4 years old. The others are at least 20 years old.

Pain in the butt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

It's a test run on the equipment in the exchange. The equipment tests the line for interference levels aswell as checking the voltage passing over it and stuff like that. Eircom can run the test whenever they want by logging into the exchange remotely and running the test, but they apparently only update all lines once a month. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

Advertisement