Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battle Royale II: Reqiuem?

• 10-08-2004 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me, or did I miss it in the cinema? I can't find out when it's coming out in UGC and the release date for the DVD is 28/08/04. :(

-Adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

Its really bad compared to the first:(

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

First was good fun alright heard the second one was ****.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It was really bad compared to most Hong Kong Legend films, and they are BAAAD. Well, it's HKL IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

BR 1 was brilliant, i've heard (and there's a previous thread about BR2) that BR2's utter crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

aw shiz. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

this nothing more than a cash in on a sucessfull original, same thing happen with "the eye 2" .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's bad.
    real bad.

i'd rather watch everybody loves raymond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I have it on DVD except its in Japanese with Chinese subtitles :rolleyes: , and I was going to buy the Region 2 version but if its bad as people are saying I think I'll give it a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yeah the reviews have been pretty awful alright. it's a pity because the first one was so brilliant. can't win 'em all i guess...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

CuLT wrote:
    It was really bad compared to most Hong Kong Legend films, and they are BAAAD. Well, it's HKL IIRC.

What's wrong with HKL?
    Some very good films in their catalogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

UGC showed it as part of a film festivel earlier this year, and as i've mentioned before in the other thread, it's total cack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i think ill get it just for the love of the first movie. isn't it fukasakus(?) son who directs it as homage to his dadio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

to quote bill hicks
    "take a deep breath, watch it again....ooh, its a piece of shít"

baaaad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i got the dvd there 2 weeks ago, or whenever it came out. anyway, i knew everyone here (and elsewhere) said it was muck. but i didn't think so. obviously it's not as good as the first, but i wasn't expecting a remake or a rehash of the first movie. anyone who watched the trailer months ago would have known that it was going to be a lot different.

i liked it for what it was. i think OPS2 magazine said it best, "when compared to the first BR movie you can't help but feel that you just had a distinctly average experience"...

Advertisement