Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Fun Last Night

Options
  • 24-04-2001 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Nice to see the Gameshop server being fairly full last night. Loads of irish boys on,

Tayto, Clamor, kegster, monty, regi, etc

Some craking games all. Most enjoyable.

Cya tonight.
    LonerX

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

Ur still a muppet Jedi.. Agreed tho I had a cracking few games last night. Hopefully more of the same tonight.
    #Mortar me now ~~~~~

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

One nice thing about Gameshop is a lot of the players are experienced or at least know what they are doing. BW is frustrating to play on.

Btw, why is IOL such bad ping? 400 for me there, GS is only 100 ping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Thanks Hobbes for making my first cap come to life last night by giving your shrike in the middle of the map smile.gif

Im VenomSGS in the game BTW smile.gif

No problem. smile.gif Glad I could help, although I did park that thing twice for you and you ran by (assuming this was when the bomber pulled up alongside as well?).

Normally if I'm not on Defense and you grab the flag just type VVH (Help!) or VNR (I need a ride) and I'll come running. Typing that allows me to get a lock on you. Also if you type VNR have a listen for VNG (Gunship ready) nearby. It means I have one ready and fueled for you. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 24-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

You on ISDN Hobbes. I dont get anywhere near 400 when on IOL. Between 50 and 150 ingame. Cant compare other ISP tho.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hobbes is on Cable (or is it more?) from Boston!!! frown.gif

Whatever, he gets a better ping than me from how many thousand miles away???

I thk we're all getting the hang of this team play craic smile.gif Is anyone using the voice comms stuff?

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[url="http://http:clanhitk.warfactory.com"][honey i] violated [the kids][/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

How do I see whos taking in the game? All i hear is the sounds and see the text but how do I see who it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

look at the bottom left of your screen theres a icon there with the name of who's talking and who's tring to .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

You'll know by there accents smile.gif.

Klamor will have a ruff clare accent: I need a ****en ride be jaysus.

Regi and lucutus will have a dublin 4 accent smile.gif: One would like a ride pls.

LonerX has a my bogger wexford accent: For the love of god get that vehicle in the air quick. Your Quaer Slow.

etc

Other wise i dont know smile.gif.

Lonerx

I'm on cable... it's like heaven. 150k upload/300k download a second. But I can get pings as low as 20-30 on some of the game servers, just not Irish ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Seems to happen quite a lot when yr on the way back to base with the flag, team mates just fly past u, give it up for the flag carrier. Whenever I've tried to give up a shrike they just keep ploddin along.

Must say I'm well pleased wif t2 in general though, has it got stayin power?

Advertisement