Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B.S.A.C. qualification

Options
  • 10-08-2004 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭

I'm BSAC Novice 1 qualified. Haven't dove in 7 years. I heard BSAC were expelled from CMAS.

If I show up with my credentials will anyone recognize them - or do I have to do a NAWI or PADI changeover course or something?

Or does this depend on country?

The country I'm most concerned about is Malaysia. Thinking of getting my regs serviced. Anyone know who services Mares regs here (Dublin)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

I am the one that don’t know so much about bsac, but here goes...

There is as far as i know, two options here in Ireland.

1. If you are TCD student (undergraduate or postgraduate), a TCD staff member, or a TCD graduate you could join www.tcd.ie/Clubs/Subaqua and finish your training. (I think they are the only bsac club here in the south?)

2. Go down to Cork and head west too Baltimore and www.aquaventures.ie They do bsac and padi courses and should sort you out.

You would probably be better of to join a sac club and do the training or plunge out with the euros to get your padi cert ready for your trip. It’s after all 7 years since u did the theory and confined water training.

Some options in Malaysia also...

There are a few bsac schools in Malaysia that you could finish you training with, here are two: www.eastmarine.com.my and Langkawi Divers +60 4966 1302, kin_voon@tm.net.my

Think you should call Bantry Bay Divers (Cork) about servicing your reg. 02751310 don’t know any one in Dublin or else that does them...

Hope this help :)
    Good Luck

Edit: www.firststagediving.com will service your Mares reg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Thanks for that m8.

Used to be TCD student. Might go to O'Neills just see what it could be worth :D

Advertisement