Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this 3Dmark score ok

Options
  • 10-08-2004 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

3DMark2001 SE 12725 3D marks

My Spec
    P4 2.6
    Ram 512
    HardDrive 60
    Ati Pro 9700 pro

The 2.6c should overclock by 10% easily, the PC2700 ram will probably be a limmiter though, as it's either already being overclocked(pc2700 runs on a 166Mhz fsb (333Mhz fsb efectivly), while the 2.6c runs on a 200Mhz fsb (800Mhz efectivly). To overclock it by 10% you would set your FSB to 220Mhz.

i have a dell dimension 4550 cant find where in the bios to change things
    or have Dell Locked this wouldnt surprise me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Overclocking and dell just dont go toghter, there will be no options im afraid.

Its pretty bad that they matched Pc2700 memory with an 800FSB chip...... but thats dell for you.
    You should be getting close to 15k atleast. I was getting 17.5k with an Xp2500+ and a 9700pro....... both overclocked pretty well though.

Try the latest omega drivers, overclocking the CPU just wont be an option.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I'm matching that with a Athlon XP 2600 Thoroughbread 756mb PC 2700 ram and a ATI 9700 pro at stock. You should be getting a little higher at stock. I could probably find another 2,500 marks if I overclocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Col_Loki wrote:
    Its pretty bad that they matched Pc2700 memory with an 800FSB chip...

No holding back needed here Colin :)

It's fecking desperate :mad:

What troubles me most is why Dell have done this. It would cost them hardly anything more to stick in PC3200 memory and performance would not be completely crippled. Do they really think most people wouldn't notice? Well maybe they're right and people do not notice...

Kazu, forget overclocking, just buy a 512MB stick of cheapo PC3200 (matched pair better of course but more expensive), don't change anything else and you'll get somewhere in the 15k region :)

It's fecking desperate

Yea thats more accurate arite :) .

Yea id definetly agree with unkel , Pc3200 Ram mabye 2x256mb (im not sure if the motherboard supports dual DDR).......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Col_Loki wrote:
    (im not sure if the motherboard supports dual DDR).......

LOL, dual ddr on a dell, that would be an unusual move by dell. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

Kazu, forget overclocking, just buy a 512MB stick of cheapo PC3200 (matched pair better of course but more expensive), don't change anything else and you'll get somewhere in the 15k region

ok i have 512 pc2700 of memory in one slot and another free would i not just get another 512mb pc2700 and out it in the free slot

and in the dell manual it says that motherboard supports pc2700 memory ddr333mhz

why would i fill the two slots with two 256 pc3200 might not even support it wouldnt a 1gig of pc2700 of memory be better than 512mb pc3200

i did another benchmark the first one was way off the mark as i had a few apps running

3DMark2001 SE 14353 3D marks

Thats closer on the mark alrite.

Ignore the 2x256mb remark, generally intel systems get a huge boost in memory performance by running Dual DDR (ie running two of the same memory sticks).

Seems dell motherboards arent too fond of Dual DDR !! Since PC3200 memory might not even be supported by your motherboard, mabye its best to leave the memory alone. Its still performing reasonably well .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

it could be one of the older ddr boards (845 series), which would only be single channel in the first place, and supported pc2700 maximum (except when abit did their 800fsb version of it).

Is it 533bus or 800bus ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

System chip set Intel 845PE

memory connectors two

533bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

Col_Loki wrote:
    Overclocking and dell just dont go toghter.

MY WORDS! YOU COULN'T MAKE IT ANY CLEARER!

also

myself + dell = third WW !
    myself + intel = third WW !

LOL

Sorry my comment is not much use, but i just had to let it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement