Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlocking a 2500+

Options
  • 10-08-2004 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

ok for the record this doesnt work on a 2500+ with barton core infact it made shag all difference.

toms hardware

anyone any idea where i can get info on unlocking my CPU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

You cant basically. There is a way if you have a VIA chipset but it doesent work with Nforce2 motherboards.

Get a mobile mabye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

When you say unlocking you mean to be able to change the multiplier is it? Cus if thats the case.. for some reason on my BIOS I am freely able to change the mulitplier or fbs :/ is this normaly right?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

yeah in the bios i can change it too just doesnt take affect cause AMD have locked the chip to stop people gettin the likes of a 2500+ and clockin it way higher and not have to pay a penny for a higher spec processor.

I think the mobile processors are unlocked therefore u can change the multi

Dav kav how did ure get ure Mhz to 236?

On my bios it just lets me select 200 and nothing higher? Is this normal?

I have mine at 200 now at 1.7 vcore, and it seems to be running stable I still have to run prime95 longer. Is 1.7 vcore the safest highest setting for the xp2500 chip?

Does any one know how to turn off that thing in xp where after a while of not using ure pc it goes to the xp log on screen?

Cus i think this is fecking up my prime95 from running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

1.7v Should be fine, generally people keep under 1.8v unless they have very good cooling. Keep an eye on temps...........

Im not sure what board you have but on some of them you have to set two options to "user define" or simular. The first will let you go 133/166/200, the other will allow you 1mhz increments prob up to 250mhz.

For that PW thing, do into screensaver settings and make sure that the "on resume password protect" is off. Prime95 should still be running when you log back on anyway...........
    If you get errors that means your system isint stable BTW.

• Advertisement

How would I make it stable so. Its vcore is 1.7v allready, temps are 45-46 idle 50 under load.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

like col loki said the option to change from optimal to expert should allow ou to adjust the FSB p by 1MHZ increments.

Probably not recommended but to see how high my vCore would go i turned the voltage into it up to its highest the bios would allow and then worked backwards till the comp would boot up again like i said though not really recommended could f**k up the whole processor im just really impatient

Advertisement