Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Patch??

Options
  • 24-04-2001 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

anyone else have to download an update today?? if so do you know what bugs it fixes??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think it fixes the bug where Bugler was able to play.

speaking of which bugler, did you download the lastest patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Hunter px1

haha thats funny lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

I had to d/l a patch today, but i think it was only for the actuall 'Sierra Updates' thingy that checks for your T2 patches/updates...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

LOL.That was funny Hobbes.I'm d/ling that patch now..see i was playing a LAN game,so I should have been able to play.I mean nothing had changed since last night LAN wise.Unless tribes proves to be completely mystifying...which it may.I'll let you know in a sec.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

well the only crashes I have gotten seems to happen when I'm using the ELF gun and then very rare. I crash maybe once after a few days of playing. Mind you I have 700+ MB of memory, more then enough for Mr Memory leak.

Hitting the windows key drops you out to the desktop, and crashes it too. Don't know why they leave the dam thing active in game.

One thing I have noticed, I have accidently brought the console down in the middile of games and see myself getting flooded with error messages of missing textures. Doesn't knock me out of the game though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:

Hitting the windows key drops you out to the desktop, and crashes it too. Don't know why they leave the dam thing active in game.
    </font>
    Ive always been able to windowskey out to the desktop with no problems. Since the last patch however, if i drop my mouse to the bottom of the screen (when a cursor is onscreen) i get my start bar. lovely :/

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Hunter px1

Just switch the
    ALWAYS ON TOP
    on the start bar options, that should help

Ooops.Sorry i forgot.Well it didnt help.
    I re-installed,and when I try to update all goes swimmingly until i get the 22337 patch or whatever(which is all it offers to me) and then when its finished it tells me that the file size is wrong and so its invalid,and asks me to click back and select a different site.i have tried 4 diff sites and get the same result.:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

bugler,

Heres where I d/l the complete patch. I have no probs. Try that and if it seems that your d/l borks again, ill give you a few floppys with that, and also the 6 incremental patches if you want. All for the special price of 2 camels wink.gif

post back with how you get on with that, or if you want those disks, mail me (im local for another few weeks): machine13@netshop.ie

http://www.tribalwar.com/tribes2/patch/21570-22337.exe

[This message has been edited by CH (edited 25-04-2001).]

Thx for the offer CH,but I think i nailed that ******* virus,and Solo mode works fine now,i'm d/ling the update as i type,so hopefully that will go ok.
    So i get to keep my camels.

• Advertisement
Advertisement