Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks everyone

Options
  • 11-08-2004 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

I have just returned from my apartment-hunting expedition to Dublin, and I think I have found a very good place... Contrary to some advice it is in Gardiner, and I am still a little concerned about the way back from Connolly at night, but it is a very short stretch, and I would still have to walk those streets no matter where I lived... anyway, thanks everyone for your advice, you have been very helpful... ;) I will still be around to bore the forum with questions on utility bills and internet connections... :)

Ps. by the way, cultural shock, I have just found out what a TV licence costs for the year :eek: ... If you move to Spain, all you have to do is buy your TV set and plug it in. Then again, programmes are utter revolting cr-p, they couldn't charge you for what they show over here...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Static

martarg wrote:
    Contrary to some advice it is in Gardiner, and I am still a little concerned about the way back from Connolly at night, but it is a very short stretch, and I would still have to walk those streets no matter where I lived...

Gardiner street is fine, I've lived there for a while. The top part nearer Dorset street can be a bit unsafe late at night from my experience, but the lower part, and the part of talbot street that joins it to Connolly is fine, as long as you're sensible. (ie, not walking around staring scumbags/drunks in the eye at night, or leaving 100 euro notes hanging out your pockets ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

Hope it goes well for you martarg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭martarg

Static wrote:
    the part of talbot street that joins it to Connolly is fine, as long as you're sensible. (ie, not walking around staring scumbags/drunks in the eye at night, or leaving 100 euro notes hanging out your pockets ;))

I don't usually stare, least of all at scumbag-looking types, and what does a 100 euro note look like anyway? :p Seriously, I suppose I will find a few defects once I actually move in, but so far I am very happy with what I have found... thanks again...

Advertisement