Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invisible option,Rubbish ?..

Options
  • 11-08-2004 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Invisable ! forget it ?..

I used to be invisable when browsing through forums. Now even though I have ticked the NEW invisable option, my name still appears on the thread I am visiting as Paddy20*.

Why have this option, when you are no longer invisable. It's a total contradiction in terms and even the little round button on bottom left has turned from green to red. As if to alert people that I have chosen to be invisable.

What is the point ?... :confused:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

translation = Paddy wants his stalker/lurker option back!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Maybe you aren't there, but I can't see you.

Surely your little light should be like mine - red, yours isn't any colour which seems to mean that you are not invisible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Beruthiel,

Yep, spot on.

Gordon,

The little light turns red when I am online, and on a particular thread. Along with my name with an asterisk on the right, very strange :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

You are always visible to yourself. The asterisk denotes that you are surfing in 'invisible' mode.

Err, umm. Thanks for the explanation. Regi :) Interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I think the red light only shows to yourself, I've never seen another user marked as red, only green and that neurtal navy-type colour.

I hope you are right ?.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah no I see you now, there you are. Looks, like you can be seen by* everyone?

Maybe you should log out every time you read threads and only quickly log in when you need to post, then you should log back out again. Hope it works as getting caught is serious business.

Gordon wrote:
    Ah no I see you now, there you are. Looks, like you can be seen by* everyone?

Maybe you should log out every time you read threads and only quickly log in when you need to post, then you should log back out again. Hope it works as getting caught is serious business.

Eh ! Whaaa :eek: Bejebuurs, Regi, Regi, where are you when I need you ?...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

paddy: why do you care if anyone knows you're reading boards?

• Advertisement

Stephen wrote:
    paddy: why do you care if anyone knows you're reading boards?

I have my reason's, but they are private and hopefully "Invisable" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Mountain, molehill

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Buffy, bot

I DON'T SEE THE CONNECTION.

On another note, to the best of my knowlege I am right Paddy20. I had a scroll down the forum leader list at some point, it show the online/offline status of the mods, but I was the only one who had a red icon, and a lot of the mods are invisible.

Also, I'm the only one I've ever seen listed with an asterisk after my nick, which I can only presume denotes "hidden to other users" (except admins, who, naturally, see all).

Advertisement