Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T2 patch out, server patched - no text baby

Options
  • 26-04-2001 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

duh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

thank you dynamix.... my ****ed up my Tribes2.

I can't run it anymore. Even tried reinstalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

Worked fine for me, Just couldnt connect to the irish servers last night as they were still showing the old version, even though I was told they were updated... Is this another symptom of complete system failure wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Curioser and curioser. not only could i play for over 6 or 7 maps quite well, but i could connect to the 'greyed out' gameshop server.
    Performance could be down to the fact i had new ram and new modem.
    Hobbes did you delete all the old DSO files?
    i did a search for them after i ran the patch and there was more than 20 of them. Dumping them forces t2 to recompile them using the new patched version. might help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

imagine if Dynamix made aeroplanes.
    ill leave you with that thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

They need to stop releasing these incremental patches for now,and get down to some serious work on a final solution smile.gif
    This continued patching seems to alienate people even more.E.g i had a bad opinion of Dynamix when it would not work for me,whereas hobbes would have had no complaints.Now however,they have p|ssed off hobbes,and with the next patch it could be Jag etc.
    Come on Dynamix/sierra,get it together,do some major reseach/testing and sort this out once and for all.

• Advertisement

Hobbes,I doubt this will be of much use to you, but do the "custom" uninstall if you haven't already,and remove everything you see...then try.Other than that.God bless you and I hope it gets sorted out soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I uninstalled. Reinstalled, Patched. - Same problem.

I uninstalled, Reinstalled, T2 First Aid, Patched. - Same problem.

I uninstalled. Reinstalled, Patched, T2 First Aid, Patched. - Worked.

Just incredible.

Welcome to my world.

Advertisement