Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips DVD Player

• 11-08-2004 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Don't know if this has been posted already but i think its a great bargain so thought i should post in case others will benefits!

Buy a Philips DVD player from Xtra-Vision for €79 euro & get €80 worth of rental vouchers free plus 800 points if you're joined pigsback. If you're not joined pigsback you only get €50 worth of rental vouchers. Seems like a great offer to me if somebody wanted a dvd player!

http://www.pigsback.com/offers/840053737/default.asp

Offer ends 31st August by the way :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭din0saur

Sounds good. Any limit on those vouchers e.g. weekdays only. Do they have an expiry date? Does that DVD player play DiVx?

There's another topic on this board regarding the Philips DVP630 which plays DiVX among other things and sounds like a nice device. The XTRAVISION offer is for the Philips dvp520 which I must check up on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

I'm not sure din)saur. It doesnt mention anything about it on the pigsback site. I'd suggest asking at your xtra-vision before purchasing. It would be CRAP if it was only mon-thurs vouchers or expiry date of 31 Aug!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

hey man, does that play divx ?

I'm not sure, maybe you should check that model on the philips website

Edited: Couldnt find that particular model on the Philips website but found info on it on dvdworld..

Here are the details:

Stylish and compact
    Does size matter? Ever heard of less is more? Introducing the best value DVD-Player. No complications! Just a simple set that plays practically any disc format, including your digital photos, with absolutely no compromise to picture quality,
    Product Features & Benefits

Ultra-slim profile

Compact design
    Small dimensions make it fit with a wide variety of luminairs without sticking out of the luminair

Video Upsampling
    You want to see a purely natural picture, free from any distortions. Video Upsampling is a high-quality processing technique that dramatically omproves the picture quality by eliminating the so-called "mosquito noise" and the other distortions caused by MPEG video compression that are visible on average DVD players.

Playback : DVD(+RW)/DVD(-RW) (video mode) /(S-)VCD/MP3-CD/CD/CD-R(W)

12 Bit Video DAC
    Highest quality video. Digital to analog converter converts the digital video information in 10 bit format versus 8 or 9 bit. Highest quality audio. Digital to analog converter converts the digital audio information in 24 bit format versus 16 or 20 bit.

Picture CD
    View your digital pictures on CD-R and CD-RW discs on the TV screen in your living room.

RGB on Scart
    RGB component video prevents interference, which is common in conventional TV and video systems that use so-called composite video signals.

192kHz/24 bit Audio DAC

MP3 CD playback

Please note that your TV must be NTSC compliant or have an RGB SCART input to view Region 1 DVDs in colour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

the vouchers are €2 off ones and can be used any day of the week/weekend and are valid til april 2005

• Advertisement

Oh cool!

Advertisement