Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mapping drives and scripting

Options
  • 11-08-2004 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭

Ok can anyone figure this weird problem out? I have 6 windows 2000 pro client pc's, all with SP4 and all critial updates, static IP address. I have 1 folder shared and all client machines connect to this, I have mapped the drive. all users are setup on their own machines as administrators, I also have added the users using the same password on the pc with the share. When I log on to a client pc it looks for a password to connect to the map drive, has anyone any ideas?

NET USE command

here is a weird one for ye guys, when I type in the following into the run box or in @ a command prompt

net use h: \\server\accounts /user: administrator letmein

this sucessfull maps the network drive

if I put this exact txt into a txt file and rename it to logon.bat and put this in the start up this will not create the mapped drive ?>> does anyone know why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Hankster

tech wrote:
    net use h: \\server\accounts /user: administrator letmein

If that is really the exact way you've got it in your login.bat, drop the space between /user: and administrator and you should be laughing.

Advertisement