Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Team Work Hobbes

Options
  • 26-04-2001 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

nice team work in siege last night hoobes, i like the defence you set up in there gen room lol, pitty about our own damn mines smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

yea, couldn't of done it without you though. :/ I mean you leave then someone on our own team comes in and satchels the gens, and tries to kill me.

The level where I was on my own was fun (3 vs 1), redemption? smile.gif I was expecting to get owned, instead I set up the whole base defenses and repelled the other team for nearly the whole level.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:

The level where I was on my own was fun (3 vs 1), redemption? smile.gif I was expecting to get owned, instead I set up the whole base defenses and repelled the other team for nearly the whole level.
    </font>

Yeah, that was fun, fair dues to you for stopping the flag capping but tbh, it wasnt until i switched (*warning* self congratulating mode on ) that you got the turrets et all set back up (i took them all out myself smile.gif). Although credit must go to your patience to mine the whole f*cking base, stepped on more than my fair share.

btw hobbes it was 2v1 for the first while cos its a long ****ing walk from my base to yours as a heavy smile.gif

Some say the end is near.
    Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
    I certainly hope we will.
    I sure could use a vacation from this....
    bull****

Actually it was me and Mixie. I think Mixie had set up the basic defense at the flag as I was out trying to grab your flag (and got run over by my own grav bike?).

Then Mixie dissed. At that point when I got back to base all turrets and sensors were out and I was just about repelling the flag runners.

I dropped into an assault armor and dumped an inv at each sub-tower roof and repaired the turrets and switched them to AA's, then I put pulse sensors on the roofs of the sub-towers because you were blowing the main sensor out more often. Then I bopped back to the main base, laid 3-4 spikes out the back of the V.Bay area (because everyone seems to love coming that way), repaired the ELF and repaired up the defenses at the flag. Then I bopped into the main base and sprayed mines everywhere. smile.gif As you noticed. I actually reached my team limit for mines at that stage.

In all that I think I took out 2-3 aircrafts, 4 flag runners, 1 sniper and a tank before finishing all that.

I think I had finished all that 1-2 minutes before you switched sides. One thing though, I didn't get any flag caps until you joined. You all kept me pretty much pinned to defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I left when someone else joined our team? Only cause that stupid Esat 2 hour dealie was about to cut me off and I had no intention of spending the next half hour trying to get back online frown.gif

we need another flat-rate option frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Its amazing what 2 ppl working together well can do - nevermind a whole team!!

Theres alot of ppl out there, like Spiral, and Jag who are clearly just looking out for themselves. Very annoying if you have the flag, runnning home, being chased and Jag just zooming by you on a Wildcat without stopping. I witnessed this twice while observing a game... not nice at all.

What comes around - go's around. And thats why I wouldn't be in the same tribe as them - they are only interested in thier own personaly score - not the teams goal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

LOL, since when did you become a team player bubbles? smile.gif Where do people play anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

What you know Chubby - I havn't played with you in 2 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

bubbles the only time i ZOOM by in a wildcat is to run over the chasers, ask anyone who i play with REULARLY i jump out of my vehicles to hand them off if its possible, whats the point in me jumping out only to have you disced as you try to jump on.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bubbles:
    What you know Chubby - I havn't played with you in 2 years!</font>

Do you even play T2? smile.gif I haven't seen you.

Dunno about Jag, as I tend to be on the other end of his shocklance when I'm playing (don't think I've had you on the same team yet?), but SpiraL is a good team player.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 26-04-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I haven't played with Jag that often, but everytime I have hes either been helping me cap - either relaying it, or simply defending me, or hes been sittin midmap taking out the enemy - saving my ass more times than I can count.

I have yet to play a game with Jag that I don't enjoy, his teamwork is exceptional - second only to Hobbes (so far :P), and although I've never played you Bubbles, I'd bet you'd find him hard to beat in that respect. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

• Advertisement

Just to add to that. People can't read minds. It can sometimes be dangerous to second guess what a person wants, as it can get you both killed.

If I'm flag running and I have someone chasing me, I call VVH. If my health is low and a light comes to me they are more likely going to get the flag thrown to them. I normally do a VFT and only throw if I know they will run back with the flag (VFG).

Likewise if I have made it back with the flag and ours has been nicked. I am more likely going to give the flag to a heavy defender and head after our flag then sit in base screaming "Get our flag back". The reasoning is, the defender is there already and suited up. If I sit back then it's one less person on offense.

Just running with the flag, I won't help unless you tell me to or I am aware that you need help.

Same goes for Base Defense. At the start of the level, tell everyone what your doing. I almost got into a big fight with Morph because I didn't hear him saying he was defending the base and he started laying down turrets while I had said I was defending and trying to lay down turrets too. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Bubbles 2-3 times i threw the flag to you because i was wrecked and being chased and then me and jag covered your ass behind you while you flew home to get a cap. So I don't know what your on about when you say we don't play as a team. Ive been playing Tribes 1 for about 2 years and now Tribes 2
    and i Think i have the hang of team play by now. I feel betrayed wink.gif that you can say i dont teamplay when all i DO is teamplay. defend when theres no one defending and attack if we have decent defence i deploy at the start and sumtimes just sit in the base for the whole map keeping the turret system up repairing gens etc. I can't see what's not teamplay in all of that!! The main reason i PLAY tribe is for the teamplay!! SheeSH!! Oh and thanks Hobbes I love you too wink.gif

Citer le Cordeau "JennyRooba" :D

Advertisement