Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP3 Player bought in the US - will it work

Options
  • 11-08-2004 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My G'friend is in the US at them moment and is getting me an mp3 player for my B'day(lucky me). Its a Creative Zen 30GB. She was advised by the sales assistant that there would be problems using it in Europe.

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&qp=0&bookmark=bookmark_0&oid=85404&catoid=-8721&m=0

I have checked the web and can't see any problems with buying one over there and using it here. It comes with a "universal power adapter" to recharge the battery. Surely its just a case of getting an adapter for it or am I being naive.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I'd love to know what 'problems' you would have using the player in Europe :confused:

Sales assistants in these big electronics stores generally haven't got a clue what they are talking about. You will have no problems at all using the player in Europe or indeed any part of the world. All you'll need is the right power adaptor, as you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, i got an MP3 Player in Canada (Rio 300) a few years back and had absolutely no hassle with it over here.

But this ran off typical AA batteries, not an adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Bonzo

Kida,
    I bought a Creative Labs Zen Xtra 40 gig a few months back from America and it worked a treat.
    The power adaptor that came with it had an American 2 pin plug.
    Since it was a two part adaptor,I took the plug lead out of the charger and put in a standard lead from a portable cd player.
    Works lovely :)
    So go for it and enjoy it.
    They are great machines!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

It's hard to fathom but some Americans actually believe that the Airish still live in straw roofed mud huts and go around scratching in the muck for spuds while trying to avoid famine at every corner !!

The sales guy probably figured there was nowhere on the player to connect a gas cylinder to power it what with Iarland not havin' electricity and all that yet :D

Seriously though. . as said above there's no technical or electrical reason that the player won't work but is or was there some talk about the players being regionalised to support copyright certificates ?? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the RIAA had some plan to impose this on MP3 players . anyone ?

ZEN

Advertisement