Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband help

• 11-08-2004 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'm frustrated beyond belief.... I live in Blackrock Dublin but everytime I check my line for Broadband I get a big "sorry but your line cant take it".........How do I go about getting my line upgraded to avail of broadband? and how do I go about getting a response from the customer care experts in Eircom ;)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if you're in blackrock then you are almost certainly within rang of the exchange, so it shouldn't be that.

have you actually called the sales lines or just done the online thing? ring the sales lines and they'll do a pre-qualification test, which is a basic line test to test the quality of it, and suitablity for BB.

if that doesn't get you positive results then your first stop would be to ring 1901 and get your line checked.

don't mention broadband or they'll palm you off and send you elsewhere. just tell them your granny uses the phone a lot and she can't hear sometimes cos it's such a bad line.

keep at them to do as many tests as they can and ask if they'll send out an engineer to do some tests (make sure your imaginary granny is at the shops ;)).

get them to do as much as they can, but don't give them too much grief until they stop being helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

I can't find it now, but I seem to remember someone saying that a part of Blackrock could now get NTL broadband. Put your account number in here http://www.ntl.com/locales/ie/en/sales/ and see if you can get it. If you can, forget about DSL and go with NTL.

Advertisement