Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio problems

Options
  • 11-08-2004 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I have a Philips Home Cinema System and a Sky Digibox.

How can I get the audio from the Sky box through my Home cinema system?
    (There is only one Scart connection on Home Cinema System)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Whats the model number of your Philips Cinema System? There are probably RCA audio inputs on it labelled 'TV' that you can use to connect to the corresponding audio outputs on the digibox. Post up the model number and we can have a look at the specs for you.

Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭denachoman

Robbie

The model is LX3700D

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭bobk

buy a scart cable that splits into the 3 phono cables

2 x audio and 1 x composite video. (red white and yellow ends)

you can plug the composite (yellow) back into another scart connector (if your tv doesn't have a composite video input) and either split the audio into both the amplifier and tv or just plug directly into the amp.

capice?

Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Yeah, the model specs state that it has RCA audio inputs, so you should be fine. You are looking for a pair of red and white inputs labelled something like 'TV' or 'Aux' input. Use an RCA-RCA lead (you may have got one free with the Sky box) to connect to the corresponding red and white outputs on the Sky box (there is only one set of these outputs on the Sky box). There will be several pairs of those red and white connectors on the back of the cinema system, so make sure you connect to an input, not an output.

Select the right input from the Philips remote control and that should be it! The cinema system gives you ProLogic II sound from external sources, which is pretty good surround sound, but not as good as what you would get directly off a DVD.

Hope this works out for you.

Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭denachoman

cheers guys

I'll have a look at it tonite and let u know how I get on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

If you have a stereo TV then you should connect the RCA lead from the TV to the home cinema box. This will allow you to get the terrestrial channels through the Home cinema system as well as the Sky channels. :)

Advertisement