Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lifting information?

• 11-08-2004 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

blah blah blah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Has this topic been taken from - http://www.****/viewtopic.php?t=425

Looking at that thread, its safe to say NO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭jonathanbuc

blah blah blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

i just took a look - this information appeared on the other forum last night at 8:30pm - someone posted it here today at 11:20am - i don't see your concerns are well founded in this case given the information was given in a press release on 5th August and is highlighted and linked to from the homepage of the vodafone.ie site...

if you would like to contact me directly with your other examples I would be interested to have the opportunity to address your concerns about them also...

given a recent situation where one of our regular posters had (unknown to them and without their permission) an handset review and images they had posted here 'appear' in the forum you mention, there was a concern about 'topics being taken' from here previously

so to follow up the other two examples of "topics which have appeared on here about an hour after being" on the other site were:

Meteor and O2 Ireland agree roaming deal - which was sourced and quoted from IOL News

<free> meteor sim.... - which was an account of someone seeing the offer after visiting a Meteor store, and rather than appearing here 'about an hour after' it did on the other forum, it turned up here over 2 months later (the example of the "original" topic given was posted in June)

it is hardly a surprise if offers or announcements from operators get posted on this forum - the information is public domain and is either reported on in the news or is promoted by the operators on their sites and/or in stores

the other forum appears to have the staff to gather press releases or announcements from companies and input them regulalry - whereas here we have a community of members who post as things turn up in the general news or when they are highlighted by the operators

regards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement