Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with a minidisc player

Options
  • 11-08-2004 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I'm having trouble with my minidisc player and it's out of warranty so getting it fixed will probably cost more than is worth my while. Given that, I'd like to have a shot at fixing it myself.

The problem is this: when I put in a minidisc, the player makes a rattling noise and it won't play the minidisc properly - it sounds as though whatever mechanism that holds the disc itself in place while the player is reading the disc is loose. The music (when it plays) skips likes a badly scratched cd. I think it's almost certainly a mechanical rather than an electronic problem.
    Has anyone encountered anything likes this? Or does anyone know how easy to fix they are?

Thanks!

Advertisement