Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home-made filters to stop dust inside case

Options
  • 11-08-2004 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

My case is covered in dust inside and I have to hoover it out every month or so. My fans are clogged up and its annoying me. Has anybody tried a home made filter system on the fans?

I have 2 80mm fans in front, 2 at the back and one on the door. I was thinking of fitting tights (i know, but it might work) in front of the fans. Is there any chance of this working or would it be a waste of time?

What way have you filtered your fans? Can I buy filters in a shop or has anyone got some for sale? All advice appreciated.

I need to bust my dust!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

You can buy filters, but you can also make them from the foam thats is found in motherboard boxes. if your making some make sure they are thin enough as not to choke your fans. And you only need to place them over the fans that draw in air.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

The foam idea is good. I'll add that to my plans that im etching on a matchbox as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Thanks Moridin - will read that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

I'm using filters like those moridin posted a link to. Seem pretty effective. SOmeone else suggested using bits of an old pair of tights around the fan housing, which seemed like a good cheap alternative (if you have old tights lying around :)).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Do you think there is any possible way to some how build a jml easy-vac into a case so you just flick a button and it sucks up dirt inside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

sorry folks, its actually the super vac, it looks very possible to do,
    http://www.jmldirect.com/products/productdetails.asp?Keywords=vac&prodID=54&catID=0&catname=Searching for 'vac'

Advertisement