Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming Nokia 3650

Options
  • 11-08-2004 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

I'm claiming a Nokia 3650 off my insurance. A friend of mine told me that the 3650 isn't available anymore and that i'll get a different phone. What am I most likely to get?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

presumably a 6600 - same specs, same price

dizz

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I just got a 6600 when I claimed for my 7650, am very happy with it.
    Maybe you could ask for a 7610, its even newer than the 6600 and not as bulky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

no such chance - vodafone will only replace with what they have in their "phone catalogue"

Dizz

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

in experience they'll usually replace like for like
    ie: your 3650 for another or the model that replaced it!!
    voda aint over generous this way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Its actually O2, r they any more generous. What about the 3660?

• Advertisement

sorry I got it wrong but anyone I know to have claimed a phone through 02 has been really happy!! a mate of mine actually had a 6100 (i think it was) and claimed it through them and they gave him the new slim li'l one (dunno what it's num is I'm useless with em) as the 6100 aint made anymore!!
    I've only recently changed to 02 so no personal experience to speak of!!

Phone came and I was really expecting a 6600 but only got a 3660

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Skyuser wrote:
    Phone came and I was really expecting a 6600 but only got a 3660

Why did you expect that? That's like crashing your Nissan Primera and expecting a BMW 5 series as a replacement! :rolleyes:

No. if i claimed for 3310 and was expecting a 6600 then i'd agree with u but your example is ridiculous. the 3650 3660 and 6600 all ave the same features

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

6600 is part of their work/professional series, the 3650/3660 is aimed more at a younger crowd, sure they are all Series 60 handsets but the 3000 and 6000 series are developed/targeted at different markets... you ended up with the replacement available for the series you originally purchased...

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

So why didn't you expect a 3660 that replaces the 3650?

I wasn't sure if o2 sold that phone but I knew they sold the 6600

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

When I rang up about my 7650 they said they (phonecover/o2) would replace it with either another 7650 or a 7250.

Then I asked if they could do a 3660 or 3650 and they said they had them in stock.

Then I asked if it was possible to get a 6600 and they said that it was fine because the RRP of the 6600 is basically the same roughly as the 7650.

You should have rang them and checked what model they were going to send you they aint mindreaders!

OK, i've had the phone now for 4 days and it is rubbish. Did anyone hear of the 3660 being unrealiable because when I make a call on mine and hang up afterwards it takes away all my coverage so I have to shut the phone off, but when I shut it off a line comes up on the screen and the picture takes about 10 seconds to fade away and then its off. I have to go threw this whole process every time I make and recieve a phone call. This phone is like the reject 3650's that they r trying to get rid of.

bring it back and haunt them over it!!!!

can I ask what you said happened that you don't have your old phone??

did you get much grief off them for explainations??

smokey2 wrote:
    bring it back and haunt them over it!!!!

can I ask what you said happened that you don't have your old phone??

did you get much grief off them for explainations??
    Mine was taken (stolen) in a restaurant and they rang me up and asked me to fax them a detailed account of what happened, where & when stuff like that. They rang up the next day and said that my application was accepted and the phone came the following morning. But now its a stupid phone that doesn't work properly.

Advertisement