Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T2 Vs T1

Options
  • 27-04-2001 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

just saw a thread on the games board about yer favorite 5 games ever. I included T1 and not t2.
    From where it stands now, i think tribes 2 doesnt hold a candle to the fun and playability of T2. not to say i dont like t2, i just think its a muff diff game and i prefer t1. Time will tell and i reserve the right to complety change this opinion in a few months time smile.gif
    Main reasons for this:

Nerfed skiing - i liked the speed of t1. once i discovered skiing , i was hooked on the game.

Heavies - no ho, 2 snipes to kill them (come ON), they are sitting ducks in midfield now.

Vehicles - at the moment they just encourage muppetry. i know that will change, but they annoy me. Cant wait to play TAC2 tho smile.gif

"teamwork" - its SO oriented towards teamwork that it loses some of the fun imho. I saw a post on TW which sums it up perfectly, ill post it if a debate rages here smile.gif
    What do you think guys? (Inari and Hunter, feel free to re-iterate your thoughts from last night)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Thats interesting... i dont have my own opinion at the moment because i havent played the game, but i have been reliably informed that it is too similar to T1 and that is why T1 was better...

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Heres my opinion written cleverly by PA.

Check it.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Asuka, its more different to t1 than Quake 2 was to quake 1. Actually the debate is probably pretty similar. Wasnt q2 a lot slower than q1? ive never played q2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

T2 = T1 with nice sound and graphics and with a few enhancements and bugs cast away...

Like ****ing ski'ing that killed T1 for all but a few hardcore who loved it..

Like random cheating scripts that we should not see as much of again (I hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

>Heavies - no ho, 2 snipes to kill them

What are you on? I can have a sniper hit me 5 or 6 times and still not cause enough damage to kill.

>Vehicles - at the moment they just encourage muppetry

Used correctly, a team can own the level. Shrikes tend to get the MS Flight simulator people out, but you don't get score for your kills so it all balances out.

• Advertisement

Two headshots kill an unshielded heavy. pretty sure of that.

Example on the vehicles, your playing a game with say 4 a side, someone votes to change to the map with the l33t vehicles, and youve got ppl flying about with shrikes attacking ppl on the ground. just annoys me a little. I guess im just not a big fan of vehicles in tribes. I love playing TAC, but thats all about the vehicles.
    vagga, skiing is not gone ffs and if it annoyed you before, its going to really annoy you know because now you cant catch a capper on a good route. Also, you should be pleased to hear theres already scirpts out that allow you to throw a grenade out at full force instantly or throw a stream of them at the rate of 1 every .45 secs if you wish. Im glad of this, cos im sick of dropping them on my toes smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:
    >Used correctly, a team can own the level. Shrikes tend to get the MS Flight simulator people out, but you don't get score for your kills so it all balances out. </font>

erm unless you use the enemy as a speed brake, they go splat and you get the kill

I'm not saying what Im saying. I'm not saying what I'm thinking. Im not thinking what Im thinking.
    "Then what are you thinking?"
    I think I need a drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

dustaz, i would pretty much expect 2 headshots to kill just about anything to be honest biggrin.gif

arsebiscuits, heavies can survive a direct and an indirect mortar hit, yet the laser kills em in two? askmebollixlike smile.gif

Advertisement