Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palm Vx help needed.

• 11-08-2004 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Ive been using a Palm Vx for a number of years with no problems till recently.
    If i dont do a Hot sync on an almost Daliy basis the date is changing, loosing on average a month at a time, I can then just reset the date and it works away as normal until the next episode.
    Any suggestions??
    Thx in Advance.
    Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I don't suppose you have the date in US format on the VX and in Irish format on the Hot Sync manager ? Or vice versa ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hi hagar,
    No theyre both the same, this problem only began to occur a few weeks ago??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

might the battery be dying?

I dont think the battert is dying yet...it stays charged as long as it always has...(battery replacement: how much??)

I have a Vx and the date has never given me any grief. Have you recently loaded any software, hacks etc ?

• Advertisement

You could always hot synch to back up the data on the Vx, then reset the Vx using the concealed reset button on the back, use a paper clip, then hot synch again to update the Vx and see how you get on.

Hi Hagar,
    I havent loaded any software, hacks.
    Will try your sugggestion re hot sync,
    Cheers, will let u know how i get on.
    Mike

Advertisement