Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sound

Options
  • 11-08-2004 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

The sound was working fine on my computer yesterday, but for some reason it's not working today!

I'm using Windows 98.

I haven't installed anything new today. I've also done a virus check.

I've done all the basic checks too. Checked the volume control on taskbar, checked volume on speakers, made sure speakers were plugged in an turned up.

Checked Windows help for Sound Troubleshooting then double clicked on "Sound Troubleshooter"
    I get the options "What problem are you having?"
    I checked the box for "The sound appears to play, but I do not hear anything." but when I clicked next a blank screen justs turns up so I checked some of the other options but no luck there either!!!!

Any suggestions??

Cheers,

B.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

I'd double check all connections, then install the latest driver for soundcard.

Advertisement