Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Francis Jeffers, a humble man.

• 11-08-2004 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Quote from Jeffers today:
    "Wayne is a world-class player but maybe Everton are not as ambitious as they seem. After all, they sold good young players like Michael Ball, Richard Dunne and myself. Maybe the board need to be more ambitious."

With ears like that I thought he'd have trouble getting his head any further up his arse, but perhaps not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Ah in fairness calling himself 'a good young player' isn't too bad !! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He has the england u21 scoring record and his first two years at everton he was a very good prospect, arsenal runied him, at the point where he needed first team football most he started 12 games in 2 years.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

well i think to be fair he has proved himself as one of the best strikers in the world :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Are you guys on this planet.......Franny Jeffers !!!

We bought him from Everton & gave him loads of opportunities to prove himself - he could'nt score (at club level) in a brothel. Even in the FA cup final, Henry rolled the ball across the goal front & he still missed.

He's arrogant, goal shy & lost us 6m quid !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Plus he dives like he's trying to win a medal in the Olympics !

• Advertisement

That's just the wind catching his ears :D

rofl

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

omg is my sarcasm that subtle??

mayordenis wrote:
    omg is my sarcasm that subtle??

rolf - again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmm if I remember correctly from FA Cup Final Franny even dived when he bumped into Freddie de Punk :rolleyes: How lame is that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

In fairness, he suffered a terrible injury and missed almost 18 months. Plus he's up against the likes of Henry for a position. Its not all his fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I think Jeffers will show what a good player he is this season. Charlton are putting together a decent team, Murphy, Rommedal and Jeffers are very good signings for a total of around 7 million. Charlton are 10/1 to finish in the top 6. Not a bad outside bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I agree, I think Charlton will be pushing even harder for top four this season, at whose expense I am not yet sure. Only for their poor run in, they could have taken fourth off the pool easily.

Advertisement