Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request cheap Pay as You Go mobiles?

• 11-08-2004 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

As the title says....where can I get a cheap Pay As You Go mobile and whats the best service?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Cheapest tarrifs ... meteor with national coverage from Sep.1.

Cheapest phones ... there are 3 phones on meteor for €89 with €80 credit ( http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/ourphones.html )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭ClonmelMan

Cheers Fungus...just one more question is there a limit on credit not used i.e do you loose it if not used in a certain amount of time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Fungus wrote:
    Cheapest tarrifs ... meteor with national coverage from Sep.1.

Cheapest phones ... there are 3 phones on meteor for €89 with €80 credit ( http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/ourphones.html )

National Coverage from Sept 1st?? Thats great news. I've been wanting to switch to Meteor for a while now because of their cheaper rates but the no-coverage thing turned me off. Thanks for that info!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Cheapest mobile to mobile calls and if you top up by 20 quid a month it's free texts to other Meteor users. I have an O2 phone and a Meteor phone and I think I'll be switching to Meteor come Sept 1st.

Anyone know if you loose your credit if not used in a certain amount of time with meteor?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

damien.m wrote:
    Cheapest mobile to mobile calls and if you top up by 20 quid a month it's free texts to other Meteor users. I have an O2 phone and a Meteor phone and I think I'll be switching to Meteor come Sept 1st.

is that free texts only to other meteor phones? i thought you got free texts to all mobiles for a month or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Credit rolls over as far as I know and it's texts only to other meteor customers. Free Media Messaging too. Handy if you and a loved one have picture phones ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

damien.m wrote:
    Credit rolls over as far as I know and it's texts only to other meteor customers. Free Media Messaging too. Handy if you and a loved one have picture phones ;)

ye dirty fecker..... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ClonmelMan wrote:
    Anyone know if you loose your credit if not used in a certain amount of time with meteor?

you get 60 upfront on the sim.

if you ring up and register you get 70.

if you register on their site you get 80

credit is allocated once meaning you'll have 80 euros and no timelimit in which to use it.

Thanks to everyone for your help :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement