Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Eat World

Options
  • 11-08-2004 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

I seriously highly recommend this band, they are like a far superior and more creative Green Day. I hardly know anyone who likes them. I tihnk releasing 'The middle' as their main selling point may have hurt their reputation over in this part of the world. Check out songs like 'Bleed American', 'Sweetness' and' Praise Chorus'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

one of my favourite bands.

i have all their discography except for a dvd they released only on their site to american customers.

i hope their new album "futures" will be good and i hope they come back to ireland on the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Yea. They were probably the band that suffered most from their more poppier songs. Not that "Bleed American" wasn't a brilliant album. They can write that kind of music just as well as any pop rock band. But it's their other albums that really show how good they are. They have some amazing songs. Especially on "The Singles" and "Clarity". Saw them three times, but two of those were very close together, and I kinda got a bit sick of them. But that was ages ago, and I'd love to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,930 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Agree with you...

...But it looks like you've only heard 'Bleed American' - as all the songs you recommended are only on that.

Try listening to 'Clarity' - amazing album!

I have most off the songs from their new album from a live show they did earlier this year. 'Futures' should be great. One song i can't wait to hear from the new album is 'Kill' - i have the live version of it and it's absolutely amazing! Gives me shivers it's so good when i listen to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

a ****ing amazing band. really excellent. completely under-rated. those of you who havnt listened to an album, do so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

I don't like them. Why you compare them to Green Day? The two bands are nothing alike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ferdi wrote:
    a ****ing amazing band. really excellent. completely under-rated. those of you who havnt listened to an album, do so!

yes they are really under rated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Futures is pretty good, a bit more soppy than Bleed American but good nonetheless.

I'd say they're not as well known here (though in my experience they are...) because theres been a huge backlash against the "EMO" genre, which probably stunted their exposure. But that's ignorant fools who listen to critics opinions' loss and not mine :x

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Jimmy Eat World are fairly average in fairness, I've heard most of their stuff and saw them live at Witnness and to be honest they sound way better on record than live. The drummer is way below par and the guitarist (the one who isnt the singer) is quite poor too. Having said that, they have some catchy tunes and I can understand why people would like them.

Each to their own, I guess. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Ive got their self titled album which was out 2 years ago, its brilliant. I wouldnt compare them to green day tho, the influence greenday had on the development of punk rock from the early 90s up to today can`t be undervalued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ramblinjam

i think everyone already knows who they are but i agree they are a great band i love that song get it faster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭teck-x5

Futures is a great album.. so good.

Advertisement