Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dinamo Bucharest v Man Utd (will contain goals)

• 11-08-2004 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Well?

Interesting starting 11 includes Keane in CD and O'shea in CM with Djemba Djemba.

howard
    g neville keane silvestre fortune
    fletcher djemba o shea giggs
    scholes
    smith

I'll go for 1 - 2 to Utd.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

fhew, I know Keano hates playing there but I'm glad fergie puts him there.
    I can't wait to see O'Shea in midfield, I always hear it talked about, lets see :)

TV3 at 8:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Keane is terrible as a central defender, I think it's a ridiculous idea putting him there. To hear Marko on TV3 you'd swear that Utd don't have a chance in hell of winning this :rolleyes:

Will be flicking to this when things get boring with Shelbourne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Hopefully it will be interesting, the Shelbourne game is not on over here unfortunately so the United game is all that's available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

1-0 Dinamo!!

Comical goal tbh :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

From Soccernet (1-1):

O'Shea was brave to nick the ball away from a tackle and a swift ball forward releases Giggs in full stride. He beat the last defender for pace, rounded the advancing keeper on the edge of the box and then cooly sloted into the empty net. Very controlled from Giggs and no more than United deserve on possession alone. 1-1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

United wouldn't have a chance in hell against Shels the way they're playing ATM. ;) I have the ManU match taped, can't get enough football.:)

Keane played at centre half and O'Shea in midfield for all the US matches so its tried and tested. I'm suprised Fergie's gone for O'Shea instead of P.Neville though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

O'shea looks much more comfortable in mid than he does in defence.
    hes playing v well imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I am a fan of him in midfield. I had thought that the plan was to push him up the field and bring Keaon back into the defence. Hopefully it goes well for him as that is something that the Ireland team will need in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Miller just on and drills a ball across the goal and in it goes off the defender. Brilliant ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

How did Miller play when he came on??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Miller did well from what i seen of him but i was mainly watching the Shels match but he DRILLLLLED it acrossed the box and it went in of one of the Dinamo Bucharest players. The United players ran to Miller and they were delighted for him. How did Scholes not score???? he could of had a hat-trick.
    Wonder will Miller be given a chance on Sunday agaisnt Chelsea?? i hope so.

Great Result for United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Miller had a great 25 minutes. He set up the second goal, he also set up chances for Giggs and Scholes. He wasn't afraid to run with the ball and got back with a few tackles too. Have a look at BBC 606, the United fans are raving about him.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I would not say it was a great result but I suppose IF you want to say that they are only beginning their season and they are tired bla bla bla then it turned out to be a good result.
    Problem I see with us this season as last is that when there are 2 or players out injured what is on the bench is too average, point proved when Fortune, Forlorn and Djemba * 2 came in. O'Shea had a better 2nd half, was disappointed with Fletcher but he is not long back after injury.
    Millar I thought had an excellent debut, very composed, almost Keane like. Smith as much as I still cannot stand him worked his heart out and should have had 1 if not 3!
    Could have been a banana skin but we will take the result back and hopefully build on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Fletchers first touch is very dodgey. Smith held up the ball v well. On Sky they were going on about how Utd have beaten the odds to overcome Bucharest, it was still a strong enough team, they were expected to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

They were
    1. Missing Ruud,Saha,Solkjsaer,Ferdinand,Brown,Ronaldo,Heinze (5 of which are first choices,Ole and Brown not being)
    2. Had a striker making his competitive debut and playing up front on his own
    3. Had a CB/LB playing first competitive game in midfield
    4. Were away from home on a dodgy pitch with dodgy weather against a team 2 matches into their season.
    5. Had some players who are only 2 weeks into pre-season.

They started slowly but by the end of the first half had gotten better and were in total control for the 2nd half.

Was impressed by Smith ploughing a lone forrow up front, could have had a couple of goals and was unlucky with the one off the post.(what a flick by G Neville) Looked a far better prospect than that lazy so and so the pool had up front the night before. One thing Smith will never be accused of is lack of effort.

O'Shea and Djemba did well in CM in the second half - O Shea he looked really fit and was up and down the whole game.
    Scholes seemed to drop deeper in the 2nd half and was far more effective.
    Giggs was Giggs - At times unstoppable at times maddening.
    Miller looked good when he came on - very calm and assured. Will hopefully play on Sunday as Fletcher is suspended.

Keane played well at CB - was got for pace once but recovered.
    Sylvestre was much better than against Arsenal
    Neville was usual dependable self
    Fortune got better after a dodgy start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I still dont rate Roy as a central defender. He is not good enough in the air, gets out of position badly at times, etc. He was partial at fault for the goal, his man got the cross in, and was lucky not to have a penalty given against him for a push in the box or have any of the free kicks he gave away punished. If he stays in that position for the season he will become a liability - mark my words!

I think O'Shea is better in midfield than in defence, but thats where Roy should be. With a line out like that Man U wont win the title. Luckily Giggs was on form as was Scholes. Ruud is missed badly. Miller was quite good and composed.

Advertisement