Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mansun: New Album On The Horizon

Options
  • 11-08-2004 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

Anyone who followed Mansun will know that they split up in May 2003. However, at the time they had been recording a fourth album which never saw the light of day. Until now.

Paul Draper, lead singer with the band decided to finish producing the album and release it as part of a 3-CD set that is now set for release in September. CD1 is the 4th album, "Kleptomania". CD2 is a collection of B-Sides as voted for by the fans, and CD3 is a collection of rarities and live tracks.

Forgive me if this sounds like a shameless plug, but as a big fan of the band, I've pretty excited by the release, and I thought I'd give a heads-up to anyone else who might be interested. More info over at http://www.mansun.net/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭voltamadan

plug schmlug! Six is one of my favourite records, always good to go back to after a while-this could be good, cheers! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24 smartcard

I had Little Kix for ages and didn't really listen to it, but I went with some friends to their last gig in Dublin, small crowd, but they rocked and I found a new respect! Then I got Six and what can I say it's just amazing music I go back to it time and again. Other than that though I haven't much else of their stuff. Any suggestions, considering I think Six is far superior to Little Kix. I know the new album will rock judging by the new stuff they played at that gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭voltamadan

they're only other album is attack of the grey lantern (they're debut) and its supposed to be pretty good-its got the trademark mansun sound but i know its nothing like Six, as in its not a concept album, its more a collection of cool pop songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I downloladed a few of their songs and I like them, but I can't find any of their stuff in the shops. Any suggestions as to places in town that might sell their albums before I resort to Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

yeah, I've been looking for six in shops for ages, can't find it anywhere. Although I got the grey lantern and little kix double pack thing in HMV in henry street, dublin for 20 odd euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Nice one Mr Angry. I'll be picking that one up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

This sounds interesting. I have to agree with voltamadan. Six is one of those albums that I keep going back to. I hadn't realised that they'd split up though :(

Won't ever get to see them live now.....

Hopefully the new release will re-establish them. I think they lost some prestige when Little Kix didn't do as well for them as Six did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I have to say, its pretty pricey, even for a 3CD album. I just per-ordered it on Amazon, but its gonna cost me the guts of €50 quid by the time it gets here.

IIRC, "Attack of the Grey Lantern" went straight in at No. 1 in the UK album charts when it was released - it was a massive commercial success for an indie band like Mansun. It wasn't the kind of concept album that "Six" was, but it was still far better than "Little Kix". I recently read a quote attributed to Dominic Chad, guitarist with the band, saying that they were really disappointed with the way "Little Kix" had turned out, and they'd gone back to the kind of 4-piece guitar band thing that made them successful in the first place. Also, "Kleptomania" has been produced mostly by Paul Draper. The only other album he produced was "Six". That leaves me pretty hopeful for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 smartcard

I'm really looking forward to this. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Personally I thought 'Attack...' was one of the best debut albums I have every heard. Will be looking out for the new one - cheers for the shameless plug! :D

/me goes mansun hunting through my mp3's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

ha I had forgotten about Mansun. I have Six on cassette but since getting a CD player in the car it went out to pasture. I think I have Attack on CD but I'm not nuts about it, but Six was off the wall prog-rock! Its a hard pill to swallow cos theres so much going on in the songs a lot of the time, but once you get familiar with it its a good album.

Advertisement