Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hobbes^^ finds gravity unforgiving

Options
  • 27-04-2001 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I've been playing with loadouts. Intresting that everything has a weight and directly effects your character.

I used to laser pointer to figure out how high I could go. (laser pointer also directly effects distance, but I couldn't measure any other way)

Sniper loadout - 100m
    Nothing except energy pack - 150m
    Nothing except energy pack + spinfusor, and did a disk jump - 280m

In case anyone is wondering, that last one is good enough to throw you over halfway or all the way across most CTF maps. You probably wouldn't survive the drop though.

Also practising the shocklance. It has a 15m range. It's not as near as I expected.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 27-04-2001).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

beat ya on the shocker hobbes

range = 13.8m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Yep Tom, pretty much a jump and fire @ the ground in the opposite direction you wanna go.

What's the deal with the shocklance tho? don't get that 'not as near' thing

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I was under the impression that you had to be right up beside the person. This is not the case.

From what I can figure out the range is based on the amount of energy you have. So full energy you can hit a person from 15m away.

I think damage has absolutly nothing to do with energy. If you hit the person in the back with the shocklance they will die regardless of loadout/shields. Only half damage any other way.

I would have to say, a person experienced in the shocklance is lethal. I know I had fun on Archi with a cloak and shocklance. Snipers love the roof and make nice targets.

Just to add to that, you can have great fun if there is a crowd there. I was on BW C+H server. I made it to the V.pad in the main base of the NME. As usual it was full of people waiting for a ship.

I jumped in cloaked and zapped the person on the pad while standing to someone else. Then I hopped under the pad and waited for energy to recharge. Meanwhile the guy that died thought someone on his team did it and got a bit peeved. smile.gif I managed to 5 of them before someone saw me drop under.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 30-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

How do you do thw spinfusor jump is it like a Rocket Jump in quake?

LonerX

Advertisement