Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy Cycle Lane at Christ Church?

Options
  • 11-08-2004 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭

I cycle down Christ Curch hill each evening (under the arch), heading towards the quays.

I've noticed some paint marks that sugggest that a cycle lane may be planned.

The disturbing thing is that the 'lane' may veer 90 degree left so as to follow the exact contours of the arch and lead cyclists away from the the main road. Three further 90 degree turns would be inflicted before rejoining the road. This is all on a very steep down-hill stretch where 20mph is possible without any effort.

As you know, it is compulsory by law to use cycle lanes, no matter how poorly constructed.

Anyone know if I'm right?

I know it's incredible but with Dublin City Council, you can never overestimate their callousness towards pedestrians and cyclists.

C.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

As you know, it is compulsory by law to use cycle lanes, no matter how poorly constructed. Anyone know if I'm right?
    Yeah it's an offence for a cyclist to not use a cycle lane where one is provided, no matter that it is dangerous or obstructed.

Advertisement