Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recycled characters/omigod that guy again

• 12-08-2004 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

whatched the ep where tuvok and seven got kidnapped to the the whole ultimate fighting thing ...great cameo from the rock

but omigod its that same guy again..
    who plays the controller who plays the blue guy leader who played the clone in ds9 who played...

btw is misses vulcan spocks grandmother? or something

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Great cameo from the Rock? Jesus!

Anyway, that guy's cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

the rock sucks that episode and the boxing episode with chackotoy where just sad attempts to get ratings up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

that guy!!!!
    that GUY!!!!!!

he was one of the best things in DS9, his cameo in voyager was quite good.
    He is also the Andorian Captain from Enterprise, a role he plays incredibly well.
    i hope to see more of him in season 4.

btw his name is Jeffrey Combs

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/character/bio/1127263.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

evil doctor guy in voyager who killed nelix's people then tried to get them back using the transporter, also evil doctor guy who poked odo ;) ... was a romulan defector (i fink) in TNG. Good actor though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

The hunter dude in that ep was martok from ds9 you could tell from his voice

• Advertisement

I quite like the way they keep using the same guys for different characters. Gives a sense of familiarity or continuation or some ****. Either way, I like it.

It is funny every time u see Galrown in any show u can tell its him cause of the eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

i remember seeing tuvok as an enterprise crewman on TNG

Also, neelix played a firengi on enterprise.....no continuity at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Michael Dorn aka worf is in the TOS movie where peace is made with the klingons.
    The guy who plays Tom Paris is a cadet with weslie crusher when the accident occurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Vuk

jaggeh wrote:
    that guy!!!!
    that GUY!!!!!!

he was one of the best things in DS9, his cameo in voyager was quite good.
    He is also the Andorian Captain from Enterprise, a role he plays incredibly well.
    i hope to see more of him in season 4.

btw his name is Jeffrey Combs

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/character/bio/1127263.html

Man, I loved the Weyun (sp?) character and he's the best thing about Enterprise.

Anyway back on topic.
    The guy that plays Odo also played a human in ST: The Undiscovered Country, he was in a scene with the president during a briefing on the Praxis moon. He looks very different (the tash threw me off), it took me a while to figure out who the hell it was, but when I did........well it's one of those personal victory moments that nobody else could give a toss about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Aye, Jeffrey Combs is definetly a fantastic actor, and one of the best reccuring actors altogether.
    Lets not forget his role as Liquidator Brunt.

Tony Todd is also great, he's been in quite the odd role.

Aye, Jeffrey Combs is definetly a fantastic actor, and one of the best reccuring actors altogether.
    Lets not forget his role as Liquidator Brunt.

Tony Todd is also great, he's been in quite the odd role.
    OMG, when i saw him in enterprise i had a bet with a guy wether he was Brunt or Weyun in DS9 :embarrased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

OMG, when i saw him in enterprise i had a bet with a guy wether he was Brunt or Weyun in DS9 :embarrased

Hehe! Apparently the reason he's got so many roles in Star Trek was the fact that he just narrowly lost out to Jonathan Frakes for the role of Riker, and Frakes cast him numerous times since.

Brilliant actor though.

And brilliant roles. all sly, dark, mysterious ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭macronot

There was also
    Mark Lennard - who played a romulan commander in one of the first TOS episodes. Then Spocks Father.

Diana Muldaur
    Who played - Ann Mulhall, Dr. Miranda Jones and Dr. Katherine Pulaski

I've been looking at TOS recently (Did you guess?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I remember in ds9 Weyun and co where standing in the command centre of ds9 waiting for the out come of the battle between the feddy fleet and founders when they learned they had lost weyun said "Well time to pack" the way combs delivered the line makes it a classic amazeing actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

i remember seeing tuvok as an enterprise crewman on TNG
    well actually he was a terrorist.
    he was in the gang that tried to steal anti matter froim the warp core when the enterprise was in for its some industrial cleaning via a barium field or some such. sticks in my mind cause thats when data perfected his "small talk" with some federation ambassedor.

i love all the reappearing actors. its a bit of a competition with me and the misses to identify the actors previous roles when we spot them. she usually wins thou.

Whoever played Martock (Sp?) played loads of people. His voice is very recognisable. Him and Odo's father/scientist guy are easy to spot.

bizmark wrote:
    I remember in ds9 Weyun and co where standing in the command centre of ds9 waiting for the out come of the battle between the feddy fleet and founders when they learned they had lost weyun said "Well time to pack" the way combs delivered the line makes it a classic amazeing actor.

Wayun: Well *claps hands* time to start packing
    Founder: Conctact our forces in the alpha quadrent tell them to fall back to cardassian terrirory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ahh i have to disagree with you all, seeing the same character's faces in over and over again p***es me off so much. I mean you'd think they'd get in other ctors,cus i always end up sitting there thinking 'omfg not this guy again... he's an andorian now? wtf?'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Achilles wrote:
    Ahh i have to disagree with you all, seeing the same character's faces in over and over again p***es me off so much. I mean you'd think they'd get in other ctors,cus i always end up sitting there thinking 'omfg not this guy again... he's an andorian now? wtf?'

Yes it sucks they have him playing another character in ST! They should just hire the usual crap cant act to save there lives actors as that will make the show MUCH better! Or better still hire a real andorian :P

I spoted all Combs roles bar Brunt and Brunt really was a cool character :)

" Brunt, F C A "

Cant imagine Combs playing Riker tho!

Advertisement